MAGCHARGER BLUES

FASTCAR

Banned
With the 4a batt pack ( upgrade) for the magcharger, charge times are 36+ hours!:thumbsdow
Any one know of a fastcharger for MC?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Short answer: no.

Longer answer... you could use the mag charging cradle and interface it with a fast charger. You would have to remove/bypass the cradle circuitry and use it as a dumb host. You would be limited by the current the cradle could handle. I am sure there are people here that would modify it for free if you would buy the parts needed.

I figure you would only really need a cheap $50 r/c car battery charger. You could fast charge at 1.5 amps which would give you a full charge in about 3 hours.

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Without any protection diode, you run the risk of shorting out the batteries if something comes in contact with the charging rings, correct? Do you place tape over the rings when transporting / using the light?

(I temporaraily modded my MC with 3x18650 cells powering a WA1331 lamp. I was comtemplating modding the charge craddle for Li-Ion use, but have decided not to for now. Plenty of other projects going on, and I kind of like having a stock MC around as a point of reference)