Just to say hello and thanks!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've read on and off here for a very long time. I see a few familiar handles as well. I figured it was time to join and contribute where and if I can.

My other reason for registering was to say thanks. So THANK YOU all very much, i've read a lot and learned a lot. From LED's to Surefires, all the info I've ever needed has been here or on one of the members' websites! I'm pretty excited about the changes and advances with LED's and the changes to come. I hope I can learn from everyone here, and once again Thanks.

~GATOR~

Darell

Flashaholic
You sound like a reflection of me. I'm amazed at how far LEDs have come in such a short time. Can't wait to see what's just around the corner... and fortunately I have several LS-based lights to help with that...

Welcome... and ee you later, GATOR.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, was lurking around this forum for some weeks before I decided to register and start posting....

Cutter

Enlightened
Ha! I was the same way. I also lurked in here like a gator sneaking up on his prey before joining (pun intended there Gator).
grin.gif
Finally decided to sign up and join the party.

I got interested in l.e.d. flashlights years and years ago when I walked into a Sharper Image store. They had a TINY l.e.d. flashlight for sale that had a single large red l.e.d. in it. I still have it actually. It's only an inch and a half long and takes a single Duracell DL1/3N Lithium 3 volt button cell. And it has a pretty thick titanium band around the outside of the flashlight to make it bulletproof. I was amazed when I first saw it and couldn't believe it.

Wow...no bulb to burn out....lithium battery with a 10 year shelf life and can work even when cold. Plus a long run time on a single battery to boot. And the little sucker could shine a fairly bright beam (well...was considered bright at the time) clear accross a room.

Admittedly, when compared to current l.e.d. flashlights, the beam quality on this one doesn't seem so great now (rings and dark spots) but I bought this little guy years and years ago when they were pretty much unheard of in the common marketplace and for something this tiny and reliable, a splotchy beam was acceptable. I mean, this little thing fits easily on a keyring and is smaller than most of my keys.

I just bought a new battery for the little guy....and....as you would expect....it still works like a charm.

By the way....is my signoff picture below annoying and aggravating??? I liked it but thought it would be smaller in my posts. Let me know and I might consider removing it.

Dan out

Saaby

Flashaholic
I didn't lurk and it showed (Is the a word?) on my first post. I haden't quite figutred out navigation yet so I posted after a page of "Computer Fund for Craig" that I would build him one, little did I realize that a computer had already been ordered
shocked.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Dan, I actually like your walking man. I just wish it could be half as tall (maybe twice as wide?)
smile.gif

Doesn't look like the type of thing that is easily scaled though...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the welcome all. You know I usually can't stand the "hello" posts, "(waste of bandwidth) but you guys owe yourselves a big pat on the back. Now, if only the knife community could get along so well.
smile.gif
Later,

~GATOR~

Darell

Flashaholic
Heck... for the most part, NOBODY gets along as well as we do here on the CPF. Every now and again we have something ugly creep up and bite us on the ***, but this forum is by far the best self-moderated group of folks I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

That said, we've got our eye on you, boy.
grin.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
I agree darell.
smile.gif
And it looks like in my first post, I forgot to say it so, "Hello and Thanks" everybody.

And you're right darell, I can't figure out how to scale down my little walking man. Heck, I don't even know if it's possible. But he sure does stand out in a crowd of posters.
grin.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
That version ROCKS JohnG. Now I'm gonna see if I can persuade Craig into making the background rectangle dissapear on this smaller version like he did on my larger one. Or, if you can do that, it would be great.
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Cutter:
That version ROCKS JohnG. Now I'm gonna see if I can persuade Craig into making the background rectangle dissapear on this smaller version like he did on my larger one. Or, if you can do that, it would be great.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Consider it done, as soon as I can find 10 or 15 minutes free in which to do it.
blush.gif

jogger.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Dan -

WAY cool, now, buddy.

Not only "who is cooler than Craig" .... but who has a cooler computer than Craigs? I'm proud to say that some (very insignificant) part of that little walking man was now donated by ME.

Neat stuff, guys!

Cutter

Enlightened
You're right flashfan, it would be really cool if he was holding a flashlight.
smile.gif

And all darell had to do was suggest making the little dude half as tall and the power of the CPF'ers makes it happen.

Hey darell....how about suggesting someone donate a cool 50 million dollars to me....just to see if it'll work twice.
grin.gif

And I just noticed, I've made over 50 posts in like a 24 hour period....I'd better slow down or people are going to start thinking that Saaby and ME are one and the same person.