Chat Poll

Saaby

Flashaholic
Is anyone still having problems getting onto chat? I want to do something big again but want to be sure everyone that wants too can make it out this time around.

**EDIT**

Poll in progress here

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
No problem here! I just click on the link at the bottom of this screen!

Never anyone there untillthe witching hour.
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Unforgiven:
No problem here either, but would like to see an earlier scheduled chat though..........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ok give me a few minutes and I'll set up a little poll...

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been on chat lately, mainly because there usually isn't anyone there when I visit - the 9pm slot falls right in the middle of my work day, making it a little difficult to hang around and chat for a while..

Graham

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
Is anyone still having problems getting onto chat? I want to do something big again but want to be sure everyone that wants too can make it out this time around.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Still getting Access denied-"statsmaster@localhost" mySQL layer failed (using password "yes") etc.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Did you try a plain IRC clinet? Tutorials accessable from the main chat page accessable at the bottom of this page or in my signature.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try a plain IRC clinet? Tutorials accessable from the main chat page accessable at the bottom of this page or in my signature.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Using only Web Box-I have no more options.
frown.gif
(looked @ Mac & Windows dowloads also).

Saaby

Flashaholic
Here is what you need to do. Go to the "chat" thing on your WebTV. This is actually a built in chat client. Try this...

/server milwaukee.us.chattersonline.com 6669

When it connects type in

/nick MrGlow

and then

/join #cpf

Let me know how it goes...this is just from prelim. research on the subject. If I can find someone with a WebTV I'll do a tutorial for it too.

(Watch out Circut City
wink.gif
)

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what you need to do. Go to the "chat" thing on your WebTV. This is actually a built in chat client. Try this...

/server milwaukee.us.chattersonline.com 6669

When it connects type in

/nick MrGlow

and then

/join #cpf

Let me know how it goes...this is just from prelim. research on the subject. If I can find someone with a WebTV I'll do a tutorial for it too.

(Watch out Circut City
wink.gif
)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OK, -thanks Ryan

Saaby

Flashaholic
So are you trying it by any chance? There are still 2 souls waiting around in Chat. Funny how this has turned into yet another tech support thread
grin.gif
oh well...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are you trying it by any chance? There are still 2 souls waiting around in Chat. Funny how this has turned into yet another tech support thread
grin.gif
oh well...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No dice -tried typing both EXACTLY on top line, and also tried: /nick MrGlow on top line, with /join #cpf on the password line.

/server milwaukee.us.chattersonline.com 6669 just does not connect to anything.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Now I am confused. You need to go to the chat section of WebTV (Which supposibly has built in chat) NOT the chat web page.

I don't know what that will look like on your WebTV. If you just get a command line try the things I've said, if you get boxes to fill in stuff fill in

Server: Milwaukee.us.chattersonline.com
Port: 6669
Room: #cpf
Nick: MrGlow
Password: leave it blank

Saaby

Flashaholic
Here's some more info...it's copied pasted and edited for our purposes...

go to your WebTV Home page, click Community, click Chat, then click Goto on the sidebar to the left. Now enter the server name in the top blank box (Milwaukee.us.chattersonline.com), and the channel name (#cpf) in the third box; then hit the button at the bottom.

Saabys Note: I suppose the second box is for port, you want to set the port to 6669

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ryan-here's what i've found:
no "community section" anymore.
So I went directly to "chat", but there is no GoTo sidebar.
-Next, I used the chat search box by entering:
Milwaukee.us.chattersonline.com
-result: "not found"
I'll try again tomorrow-it's getting late. Good night.