Walking Lights

dad3and3

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for some suggestions on lights that could be used while walking at night for visability. More so that others- vehicles will see the walker. Something that could be worn on the arms, legs anywhere, just so that the walker could be seen. They could be constant on or blinking. What colors would be best Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

LedSled

Newly Enlightened
For active lighting, I use a Princeton Tec Apex headlamp, but this is as much for me to see as it is for others to see me. However, it does have a flasher that I can turn on for emergencies.

For vehicle traffic to see you, reflective material may be the best solution. It back-shines vehicle headlights very brightly. You can find tapes and cloth bands with the stuff in sporting goods stores. Red and white are commonly available.

When I walk on the road at night, I wear walking shoes that have similar reflector stripes. They're actually built into most brands of walking shoes these days. The movement of your feet while walking will draw a motorist's attention.