Who will be first?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
So who will be first to reach 3,000 posts?
Will it be Darell, or will it be me?
Only the shadow knows...

p3k.gif

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. Thought I had a few more to go.
blush.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Man, that was like being a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest for me. I haven't posted in about a month... why don't you pick on somebody who could give you some competition?

grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Wouldn't that be "as likely as a fish would be to win the Tour de France"?
wink.gif

Those heavy Arc-AAA legs are slowing you down.
smile.gif

I've got this green 5W LS flashlight in very temporary custody... wonder what I could create with it.
blush.gif

5w300.jpg

Note To Self: 5-watt green LS makes a terrible camera speedlight if you need accurate color rendition.

Cutter

Enlightened
How come everytime I read or see something that Craig has created, I end up laughing so hard I fall out of my chair?

And Holy Crap Craig.....that is one huge green dragonfly sitting on your shoulder. Might wanna smack it with that green 5-watter before it crawls onto your head.

Oh....and the Incredible Hulk movie is due out next summer. Based on this latest picture...you may want to try out for the lead part in the sequel.
grin.gif

Dan out

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well Craig, I you want to win the race to 4000 you need to pick up the pace. At the pace you are going you will be there April 5th 2003 and darell will make it to 4000 on Dec. 11 2002. However, you both need to watch out b/c if Saaby picks up his pace just a little he could win, he is on pace for Jan 15th 2003 right now. The race is on!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darell:
Read.... Set....

Wait. What were we doing again?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">darell, is that you trying to pick up the pace?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Well I could win overnight if there wasn't flood control. Nah just kidding it isn't a race! Besides, I'm in the last hours of my summer vacation, so my pace will be slowing considerably.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by Cutter:
How come everytime I read or see something that Craig has created, I end up laughing so hard I fall out of my chair?.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you thought that was funny, you ought to see some of my other websites. But before you do that, put a seatbelt on that chair of yours. Here's an excerpt from "The Infomercial Toilet", a website I made with corny "reviews" of late-night infomercials.

------
THE JUICEMAN

Everybody has one of these... don't you?
Geriatric ex-athlete Jay Kordich should be receiving Social Security by now, but instead, makes his living plugging his big, noisy plastic juicer. While there's nothing inherently wrong with that, his infomercial skills are definitely less-than-mature.

The Juiceman is a fairly bulky kitchen appliance, designed to devour whatever is shoved down its gullet, and spit the juices from it out of its spout; while straining out the solids and dumping them into a hidden chamber behind the machine.

Observations:
This Juiceman is a downright LOUD machine. I'd almost be afraid to stick a sound level meter too close to it; for fear of bending the little indicator needle over the right hand stop like a golf club wrapped around a tree. Jay Kordich almost seems to be yelling over the motor noise during much of his dialogue; as if his hearing became damaged over time by prolonged use of this machine.
Maybe he isn't aware of the lavalier mic he's wearing; there's no need to yell with one of those things on.

The machine is also fairly large and bulky; and may not be suitable for very small "pullman" kitchens often found in apartment homes.
Because of its design, of placing the pulp collection bucket behind the machine; it is possible for one to forget it is there, only becoming reminded of it days or even weeks later as you search your home for that awful stench coming from the pile of rotting vegetable matter festering inside of it - or wondering where all those g****** fruit flies are coming from.

Speaking of cleaning, Jay emphasizes how "easy" the machine is to clean. Anybody who's ever tried to clean a clogged-up kitchen strainer (those small metal ones with the handle and the two little lobes on the other end) has already had a taste of what it would be like to clean the Juiceman. And the strainer in the Juiceman is even finer; making it that much more difficult to flush pulp and other garbage out of all those millions of little holes.

Jay's delivery of the product dialogue is fairly boring, and at times, downright annoying. He harps on the subject that if you eat dead (cooked) food, you're gonna die. But if you "juice" using his machine, you'll live a long time.
He spends most of his time concocting these vile, disgusting vegetable drinks; and is it any wonder that he only takes very small sips of his creations? Some of them are downright evil.

Now, about his "live food equals life" baloney. When he's busily yacking away, fruits & vegetables such as carrots, apples, beets, celery, parsley, and more; are among the helpless victims he cruelly grinds up in his little "chamber of vegetable horrors." He's so concerned about life & death; yet he fails to see the massive, large-scale, and downright brutal horticultural executions taking place on his own studio set.
"Live food, live vegetables, live bodies...Dead food, dead cells, death..."

Horse puckey! The moment he lovingly shoves an innocent carrot into the maw of his motorized vegetable destroying satanic robot death machine, it's dead. IT'S DEAD! IT'S DEAD, JAY!!!
Now what do you have to say for your "dead food=death" tripe?

Jay has got to do something about those eyebrows. Those things are big enough to be used as rat traps. For that matter, they'd make decent paintbrushes and even better emergency feather duster substitutes.
Shave those damn things down once in awhile. I'll mail you some damn hedge clippers if that will help.

He also apparently doesn't believe in using antiperspirant; as evidenced by those evil wet puddles under his arms.
Most people in show biz will do anything to avoid having this happen to them, even if it means visiting the dressing room for a new shirt every fifteen minutes or half an hour. Not Jay.

The way he plays with his hands throughout the program is just plain ANNOYING. His hands and arms move & thrash about as much as his mouth does. All of those phantom "pinching" and "pulling" gestures he makes; it makes me just want to cut off his hands and spank him with them.

This infomercial kinda bites. Nothing really gets wrecked; other than a LOT of vegetables and drinks being wasted before it's all over. The price is steep, the machine is noisy enough to wake the dead, and it doesn't look easy enough to clean to make it worth my time.

------

Find more of these "reviews" at The Infomercial Toilet.
Advisory for coarse language.

And Holy Crap Craig.....that is one huge green dragonfly sitting on your shoulder. Might wanna smack it with that green 5-watter before it crawls onto your head..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think dragonflies are cool - that's why I have a high-resolution picture of one as my Windows wallpaper. :) If a dragonfly like that ever did get loose inside the house, I'd be glad to have him over because he would eat up all those little black gnats that seem to show up around this time of the year.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I have another website about toilets, and some of the news snippets I gather are on the funny side. Here are a few of those snippets:

------

Chicago, IL
In Chicago, a man annoyed by a two hour wait to be seated at a posh restaurant walked into the restroom, ripped the urinal out of the wall and threw it at the maitre'd. Talk about being pissed.

London, UK
A 24 year old man suffered minor bruises and abrasions to his leg and right foot when the urinal he was using fell off the wall and shattered all over the floor in front of him. Apparently, he had tried to steady himself, grabbed the top of the urinal, and the entire fixture ripped out of the wall at that moment.
The victim was also doused with a blast of high-pressure water when the falling urinal pulled the water inlet pipe out of the wall.

Seattle, WA
A vehicle carrying several toilet bowls & cisterns to a reclamation project struck a metal garbage can that had rolled into his lane of travel; causing him to briefly lose control of his vehicle. One of the toilets was thrown overboard and shattered into a large number of pieces in the opposite lane before the man regained control.

No charges were filed, and the man left after picking up most of the remains of his toilet.

Seattle, WA
For the third year in a row, portable toilet bowls exploded in Myrtle Edwards Park this 4th of July. The popped potties were likely victims of illegal fireworks such as M1500's, M1000's, and possibly, Whistling Petes crimped with hose clamps - this frequently causes the normally innocuous, whistling firework to explode with much force. Damage to the portable cans is expected to be severe - more than just a urinal blown off a wall or a door with a hole blasted in it. City workers probably won't know the true extent of things until daylight.

The booming biffies could be heard by city residents 20 blocks or more away.

Valdez, AK
Two children were treated and released at a local clinic after cutting themselves on the shattered porcelain of a toilet bowl they destroyed. The children, ages 5 and 7; admitted they got the idea from a videotaped episode of the MTV cartoon "Beavis and Butthead", in which one of the characters repeatedly strikes the side of a toilet bowl with a hammer in a vain attempt to kill a flying insect.

Schererville, IN
An intoxicated man angered by a slow-flushing toilet at a restaurant, shot it to pieces with his semiautomatic handgun after a night of St. Patrick's Day reveling.

------

These and MANY more can be found on the horrendously-designed, but still popular "When Good Toilets... Go BAD!".

(Careful@work - naughty audio clip on opening page)

Cutter

Enlightened
I live in Indiana Craig. I don't know this guy on your last post that shot the toilet.....but don't be so quick to judge.....maybe the toilet was armed also......heck....the toilet could even have been drunk as well.
grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I live in Indiana Craig. I don't know this guy on your last post that shot the toilet.....but don't be so quick to judge.....maybe the toilet was armed also......heck....the toilet could even have been drunk as well.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It was armed, it had a ****tol
grin.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by x-ray:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Cutter:
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It was armed, it had a ****tol
grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe so....but how did the guy know it wasn't a simple harmless childs crapgun.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh no more please
smile.gif
, I can see this thread going the same way as the "beast found in fish's mouth" one

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by x-ray:
Oh no more please
smile.gif
, I can see this thread going the same way as the "beast found in fish's mouth" one
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I agree....let's put a stop to all this crap-o-la before it gets out of hand.
tongue.gif