The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
What was he doing in South Africa?
Stealing Glo-Toobs?
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Trevor/Dundean/Aragon/...

He has a helecopter because somone from CPF donated it to him, duh!
wink.gif

InTheDark

Enlightened
It's amazing that South Africa has a bridge that looks just like the Golden Gate in San Francisco.

Darell

Flashaholic
Say... uh... Trevor? Ya wanna do something with this?

This image has been emailed around the world a couple of times now. I'm afraid we're gonna squeeze all the fun out of it before you even get a chance to jump in and do your thing.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
Thats Austrailia and the chopper is mine( you can get anything on ebay) - so is the shark (ebay)- I call him fred.

Seriousely it is in Austrailia and it occured during a training mission- look close and you will see two guys still in the water. Ever have one of those days......

Cutter

Enlightened
I got this photo in an email too and I always thought that it was fake as well. It just didn't look right. Here's another website that has larger photos of the two pictures the person used to splice this scene together. They reversed the image of the helicoptor and then added the picture of the shark into it. The shark "breaching" out of the water is actually a real picture. They do this in some areas when they do a sneak attack on seals from below.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blsharkattack2.htm

Darell

Flashaholic
I actually saw the National Geographic TV special about this when I was in China. Didn't want to swipe Trevor's fun though. But I see he hasn't been revisiting the thread to "take it from there" like he said he would.

I've VERY familiar with Marin County and the GG bridge. I lived in Marin for 34 years, and there is no question what that shot is. It is from in the Bay looking Westward with the Marin Headlands on the right (North).

I think everybody should have at least one Urban Legends" URL on speed-dial.

BrightShadow

Newly Enlightened
Interesting enough, Trevor showed that picture to me a couple days after I saw the post on cpf. We both go to the same school, I thought that it was quite interesting myself.

Saaby

Flashaholic
What you can't see in this cropped version of the photo is me in my Saab on the bridge
wink.gif