M3T vs. M4 vs. Wolf Eyes M90-13v

wmugrad28

Newly Enlightened
It's getting down to Christmas and I'm considering purchasing (….errr getting) a new flashlight as a gift. I am torn between the Surefire M3T, Surefire M4, and the Wolf Eyes M90-13v. I will be using the light occasionally (about an hour or two per month on average) and am looking for a bright light with a rechargeable option. My preferences are listed below in order of importance:

Bright w/good throw
Ideally 200+ lumens for nearly an hour
Excellent build quality, durability, reliable bulbs, and solid warranty
Good quality and shaped beam
Can be put in a holster or carried fairly easily otherwise
Reasonably priced rechargeable option
Price of flashlight

I will be using the light for:
Camping/Hiking
"What was that" light at night

I've read most of the posts for the three flashlights and they all look really good. I'm leaning towards Surefire because I have one and I love the build quality and warranty. Does anyone have some unique beam shots of any of the three at a distance? I think I have seen all of the ones on CPF and the knives and tools website.

PS: I currently have a U2 and carry it on me everyday. I love it!

FredM

Enlightened
I don't know jack about the Wolf-Eyes but I would like to vote for the M3-T. If you decide you want the space for the extra cell then get the spacer. Plus if you want you can get the smaller bezel for it.

You can forget the 1 hour Hight output runtime.

jason_01

Newly Enlightened
Hi

I have an M4 and I love it, really nice light but I mostly just fondle it and look at it, doesnt get a massive amount of use becasue of its size (cant believe Im saying that having only just seen the light after using a 4D Mag for years) and more importantly its hunger for batteries, can be set up to use rechargeables though.

I also do a bit of backpacking/mountaineering/hiking and tbh I wouldnt carry anything as big/heavy as an M4 or even an M3 for any distance, but maybe thats just my age, I can feel every ounce ;)

I don' own an M3T but I think that would be the most flexible of the lot, you could make it into an M4 with extenders.

For backpacking my choice would be a Petzl tikka and probably an E1/2or L4 if I wasnt walking far!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a rechargable RATTTLESNAKE Wolf Eyes w/LED tail cap

I like it so much I snapped up a couple os SNIPER Wolf Eyes lights:sold:

My Rattlesnake survived a 3 1/2 ' drop onto a concrete sidewalk!!!

jason_01

Newly Enlightened
Mag85's are pretty cool too :) another reason I dont use the M4 much! With a medium stipple reflector it equals the throw of the M4 with LOLA (225 lumens) and you get a terrific flood as well. Great wow factor!

Last edited:

B'hamFAL

Newly Enlightened
The Rattlesnake brings a lot of bang for the buck to the table, not too mention quite a few lumens. It does everything you require in your list and comes ready to run with rechargeables unlike brand S. It doesn't have the bling factor of a Surefire but with the money you save you could make/mod a nice hotwire mag.....and still have money left over to get a 2nd set of li-ions and some spare bulbs for the wolfeyes.

I have no complaints about my M90-13V and I doubt you would either. On my budget it's just too hard to justify the extra expense of those surefires over the wolfeyes. That being said I keep my rattlesnake in my duty bag now and will put my 17500 equipped 9P back on my duty belt when I go back to nights. The m90-13v is too bright (for me) to use with my sights during night fire.

Last edited: