New Pila Technology - Codex

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Just was informed about some new Pila products coming for 2007.

Pila Codex - A user programmable module that will allow your existing Pila flashlight (LED or Xenon) to strobe, dim, flash user programmable codes, fade in/out, SOS, etc

Check here for more info:

http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/pilacodex.html

Pricing and release date will be announced after SHOT show.

You heard it here first...

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that sounds indeed very interesting. I guess I would buy one even though it makes the Pila beauties look a little strange.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
Sounds too good to be true! If one can select output levels than it implies that this thing can do regulation for incan lights too?

If it works as good as it sounds then I might take a very serious look look at buying a GL4!

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the price is right and works as claimed, I see the after market thread adapters to fit on others already. :whistle:

Just curious, I took my GS2 Pila body off to try on other brand head....
Yes, it fits the Surefire KT1- head, so any C serires will do:rock:

metalhed

Enlightened
Well, second to the story isn't all that bad, I guess.

PermaLight (Pila) sent me the press release on these for publication, which you can find here:

Pila® Codex™ - A Digital Flashlight Revolution

About half-way down the page you'll find a link to the product brochure on these little buggers. Not that much additional info, but it's laid out very nicely. :)

And yes, the first thing I thought of was JSB's Indium Smart efforts. In view of his involvement with Pila, I hope they consulted him on these things. or better yet, paid him a consultancy fee.

I can hope, can't I?