Soliciting opinions on waterproof cases

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a need for a rigid case to transport electronic gear in. I am looking at the Pelican 1600 and the Storm Case im2700. Both have interior dimensions of about 24X17X9 and fit my needs. Does anyone have experience with cases from both of these manufacturers and have strong feelings about one over the other? I'm well acquainted with the Pelican products but not the Storm Cases which seem to be fairly new.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

You might want to take a look at Otterboxes, they are the same quality as Pelican but lower priced. I have both and while the Pelican is nice, I paid more for it. Otterboxes are great.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by imfletcher_1:
You might want to take a look at Otterboxes, they are the same quality as Pelican but lower priced. I have both and while the Pelican is nice, I paid more for it. Otterboxes are great.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for input. I have an Otterbox too and agree that they are a good value. I don't think that they come in as large a size as I need for this application.

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to all for input. I decided to go with the Pelican 1600. I was very tempted by the Storm which is 4 lbs lighter [13 vs 17 lbs] and costs about the same. I decided to play it conservative and stick with a product I know. BTW, TED, I did order it from cases4less. They seem to have the best prices around. BTW, folks, they sell flashlights too.