I want

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPARKLE-3000 ULTRA NINJA COMMANDO SWORD

grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Actually, it looks like the ethics and principles are optional accessories, fortunately. For a second there, I thought I wouldn't be able to complete the purchase.

Cutter

Enlightened
Too Funny. Craig.....you should put in an order for like 1000 of those things and then try to check out.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Tried it...I added it to my cart and then came back here. It did not materialize. Ran up to the printer to see if there was any action up there...none.

If anyone sees one floating around here, it's mine! Please send it to David for me.

Oh well
frown.gif
shoplifting is bad anyway I suppose.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Completely off topic, but how do you take one of those screen shots, and save it as a .gif, .jpg, etc? Specifically LED M's pic in this thread...thx!

--dan

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by dano:
Completely off topic, but how do you take one of those screen shots, and save it as a .gif, .jpg, etc? Specifically LED M's pic in this thread...thx!

--dan
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">One way is to hit the "print screen" button, this sends the currently displayed screen to your clipboard.

You can then open the graphics package of your choice (photoshop etc), paste the image in (ctrl + v) and after any cropping/editing you can save the image in the format of your choice.

Hope that helps...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just hit the "Print Screen" key, then open Photoshop, select "create new canvas" and then select "Paste" (or hit CTRL-V) anywhere on the new canvas. The entire contents of my Windows screen magically appears. Crop it, save it, and be done with it.

In this particular case, since I knew I was posting it on CPF, I decreased my browser window's width *before* taking the screen dump (yes, that's what it's called! :0) so it would fit on most people's screens without causing the topic to scroll horizontally.

No Photoshop?
Then after you've grabbed your screen, just open Paint, and hit CTRL-V anywhere in the blank area. A thingie will chime in saying the image on the clipboard is larger than the canvas; just answer "y" to whatever it asks, and presto. Select Save, choose the format of your choice, and that's it.
I don't know how to crop images in Paint, so my usefullness to you in this situation ends here.

For a screen with a lot of blank space on it like the web shot above, I convert it to GIF so the text would't degrade and start bleeding into the background like it will if you save it as a JPG with high compression. For a photo you grabbed this way (such as from web pages that have Right Click--->Save As disabled), save the screenshot or the cropped screenshot as a JPG or other 24-bit extension of your preference to preserve the color depth. (Web-friendly formats are .GIF and .JPG)

Saaby

Flashaholic
Some more notes:

When you have something open in photoshop you can't take a screenshot...you have to close what ever is open, odd I know but that's the way it seems to be...

To crop in paint use the rectangle select tool and select what you want, hit Ctrl+X to cut and then Ctrl+N for new, Ctrl+V to paste and voila! Cropped screenshot.