Big feet and how Al lost his SureFire E2...

Size15's

Flashaholic
This reply is a question in the flashlights section is so off topic even I felt it best here in the Cafe!

My hands are about 105 mm across the palm and 230 mm from the tip of my little finger to the tip of my thumb when I span out my hand.
Basically at stretch, I can reach an octave+2 if I'm warmed up.
My feet are both each just over a foot long. I wear size 16 (US) or size 15 (UK) or about a size 50 (EU) It's a real pain to get shoes.

I know the E2 clip is more secure. Did I ever explain the situation when I lost my E2? It came off my belt in the back of a cab on the way to my [then, and still] ex's flat in London after drinking heavily on a boat on the Thames on her Birthday.
Realising you've lost a SureFire whilst experiencing a death-like hangover is not an experience I'd wish on anybody.
As a result, I do not beltclip the E Series, and I always try to point out the advantages of the E Elite PocketClip.

There it is

Al
grin.gif

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al, my friend, even you are starting to crack me up! Sorry to go so off topic on the other thread. Thanks for the info... Im about to order a E2e from Noreast Knives...

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
90 x 220mm. sz 10 1/2. How long is an octave? Elite clip is the only thing I dislike on that light.

Big Tex

Enlightened
Al, I feel your pain regarding the shoes. I wear size 14AAA and I don't just drop into Wallyworld for a pair of shoes. lol And they're expensive too. I guess you've heard all the "big feet" jokes. I have.

Cutter

Enlightened
I'm sorry....but I always thought that big feet always meant......well......big feet.

I mean...my small wanger doesn't really have a secondary meaining to it.
grin.gif

Hmmm...hope it's ok to use that term in here.....couldn't think of a nicer word for it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

****edit**** Sorry guys....but Sasha kicked me out of the last thread I was hanging out in.
frown.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Ask my the girls I've slept with is my usual reply...

The main problem I have in bars and clubs that are packed with people is that people tread on my feet. I'm kinda used to it, and don't often get angry. Some guys look up at me realising what they're done expecting me to hit them or something. I've always been a peaceful guy. True power over someone is not the ability to hit them but the ability to show them that you could but don't.

I've always missed not being given the chance to learn to ski or to skate (never had my size for hire when I was at the age where I had the option to learn)
Also, bowling is difficult - I wear the local alley's only pair of size 14s (UK) that I don't do the laces up, and take off between bowls cause they ain't wide or long enough.

My steel toecapped boots at work have to have an offensive weapon permit. I'm not allowed to wear them outside work.

I dread to think that some armed Policeman could be shouting "Put your feet on the ground! Do it! Do it NOW! Put your feet where I can see them! Undo the laces! Do it NOW!"

It's not somethink I'm kept awake worrying about I must say...

Al

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:

Realising you've lost a SureFire whilst experiencing a death-like hangover is not an experience I'd wish on anybody.
Al
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Kind of reminds of the time in a drunken stupor, I rinsed my contact lens down the drain.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I know someone who once drank his contacts by accident after getting up for a drink in the night and not remember that he didn't put them in their little carrier, but in glass of water...

Al
rolleyes.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
My steel toecapped boots at work have to have an offensive weapon permit. I'm not allowed to wear them outside work.

I dread to think that some armed Policeman could be shouting "Put your feet on the ground! Do it! Do it NOW! Put your feet where I can see them! Undo the laces! Do it NOW!"

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">*LOL* ROTFLMAO.... I have relatively short, but broad feet. Back when I was in the army, where boots came in only one length/width ratio, I looked more like Ronald McDonald after getting drafted. Kept tripping over them because they were so long and big, just to accommodate my feet width. Wide feet - I wonder what connotations that has!

BTW, 90x215, size 10s - and sorry for the loss of your E2. Whoever found it is likely to cuss the cost of maintaining it, though (cells and bulbs) if he's not accustomed to hi-performance torches!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's funny! I have unplanningly (is that a word?) guested at other people's residences and lacking the carrier or cleaning solution, put the contacts in a glass of water. But never drank them.

Size15's

Flashaholic
My hiking boots are massive. Great ankle support, waterproof until the last few centimeters up the top. Not too grippy on wet though which means they are hardwearing. I'd prefer something like catspaw on the soles.

Al

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My hiking boots are fine for trolling thru the mud and loose gravel but do a lousy job on wet rocks which is why when I actually go hiking, particular when traversing rocks above treeline, I still wear sneakers, despite lack of ankle support.

Anybody recommend a good pair of hiking boots that have superior grip properties on wet hard surfaces? (rocks) I do miss the ankle support provided by true hiking boots.

Size15's

Flashaholic
"You know what big feet means..."
Yeah, a big shoe print on your arse as I kick it!

But seriously, have you ever felt the urge to drop you pants when a girl asks you to prove it?

Al

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, is it easier to pick up girls in bars, when you have big feet?

You know what girls say about big feet, don't you?

That's why I always go to bars with my size 18WW dress shoes on . . . .

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by lightlover:
I do believe that the classic "Vibram" pattern soles are still the best for slippy rock surfaces.
(Irrespective of the make of boots.)

Jahn
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I would second that. My Scarpa boots with Vibram sole are excellent in the wet.
I also have a pair of Danner Lassan boots which survived six days of SW Tasmania. Got to be one of the wettest places in Australia, including the inevitable river crossings.

leddite

Enlightened
hmmm 100-105 palm, 250-255 finger spread 1 octave+3 [1] and size 11 foots. i've noticed my feet went from 10 in hs to 11 over the period of about 2 decades. huh.

[1] my fingers are *just* thin enough to slip in between the black keys on the piano, lucky for me, that works out as i do play (yay bach).

best shoes for "stickage" in the water are the original style tevas, and any of the tevas or other shoes that use "sticky" rubber. i found out much ot my chagrin that many tevae and others use a non sticky rubber which fail in the wet.
*splat* ask me how i know. well, don't :>