You heard about CPF from...

Saaby

Flashaholic
Craig...sent him this: (I was such an amaetur)

Hi, I don't know where I read it exactly, but recently I read the the Tutrlelites are made from Dorcy BOSS flashlight bodies...being the inquisitive person I am I went to the Dorcy website and it sure looks like it...but while I was there I fould something even more interesting, if you surf around of their site a bit you will come across the new DORCY COOL BLUE LED flashlights...Upon a little further research I found a site singing praises to the Cool Blue rubber flashlight (It appeard identical to a Tutrlelight) and even mentioned how it was in a narrow beam some people don't like...

and that's how it all started...I can't find the return eMail but Craig basically said they're the same light, check this out and it was all downhill, no no, definatly uphill from there.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found out about it from a Yahoo search for "LED Flashlight". Some of the posts came up.

I, too, said "wow, these people are nuts".

...Now I have a website with over 100 pages of reviews and mods...

...and a verrrry long sleeved canvas shirt with buckles on it that says "welcome to the asylum".
wink.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would put in every word I could think that pertained to Flashlights, into every search I could think of. I did this for a long time and researched I lot of lights that way, then one day I stumbled on to CPF can't remember how or where but it was a dream come true! Before I would just buy lights based on what Manufactures said or dealers. Now I can get some real world insight, its like the best search engine ever just ask and someone knows or finds out about it.
grin.gif

Starlight

Enlightened
I was searching for "led lights" and found Quickbeam's site. Clicked on the link to CPF and I'm wiser and poorer.

Cutter

Enlightened
Well.....I know I'm not crazy....yes you are.....no I'm not.....yes you are....no I'm not.

Although sometimes I do try to wake up really fast to see what I look like when I'm sleeping.

Oh....and I was trying to find out who made the first L.E.D. keychain light I purchased and came across Craigs site and this forum. Thought I might fit right in....so I signed up.
grin.gif

Dan out

Saaby

Flashaholic
When I got here I went
shocked.gif
Craig needs a new computer. I'll volunteer to build him one...I posted, then I realized that there was more than one page
cool.gif
by the time I got to the end there were about 6 replies saying that they'd already orered Craig a Dell...OH well...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I found CPF after Brock Neverman emailed me about this "great new forum" about LEDs and flashlights. About a week after receiving that email, I put down the sharpened toilet plunger handle and light meter and paid a visit to CPF, registering at that time. That was on August 12, 2000 if I have my dates correct.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
From Brock via his website as well. At the time I was doing a search on LED lights. I didn't realize better incandescent's existed besides what was offered at the local department and hardware stores. Now I own three Surefires and have bought a few more as gifts. Still love LEDs the best, though.

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
It happened like this:

I bought a Brinkmann LongLife at Walmart (that was the first I ever heard about white LEDs, even though I did my first LED flashlight mod back in '74).

I thought, THIS IS GREAT!!!.

Did a Yahoo search for "white LEDs" and CPF popped up on the first page.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I found out about CPF through Wayne at Elektrolumens, who I first saw on E-bay. Thanks Wayne!

Darell

Flashaholic
When these threads pop up (like they do about ever three months or so) Brock usually wins as the biggest "pointer to CPF." Doesn't look like he's winning this round though, so I'd better chime in.

Brock. It is all Brock's fault. He takes the blame. I was wanting to buy my first LED flashlight, and I found Brock's site. Somewhere on there it said that he was allowed to be a moderator on this crazy board called CPF. Click. End of story...