EaRtHqUaKe...???

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Just got back from an errand, and was making a cup of top ramen. Thought I felt something jiggle or move, but I wasn't sure. But when I went to sit down at the computer with my meal, I heard a tremendous crash coming from the bedrrom. Half a dozen LARGE boxes and my poor plasma globe crashed to the floor, all at once!! I could have sworn I heard the globe pop and the vaccum being relieved. And the stack of newspaper in the bathroom, destined for the recycling container, is now a wide, low pile covering the entire bathroom floor. That'll take a while to clean up.
tongue.gif

Amazingly, the plasma globe seperated from the driver base at impact, and DID NOT BREAK!! It was rolling around loose on the hard linoleum floor, with the base lying on its side about two feet away. I popped it back in and it still works!

An earthquake with no damage? Unheard of!
wink.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Criag, If I were you, I'd invest in a whole bunch of eye hooks and bungee cords! Start strapping stuff down! yikes! Glad it wasn't as bad as the last one...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was just posting a message on another topic, and thought we were having another. But it was just a dump truck that backed into the side of the building.

No damage, and nothing fell in this room that I've yet found.

Wish I could put eye hooks in the wall, but the Seattle Housing Authority people (the low-income housing agency that owns this building) do not allow anything to be hung from or screwed into walls or ceilings except light pictures, small clocks, and tapestries. If I could own my own home, the first thing I'd do is quake-proof it.