Home Depot 5 LED lights for $5

HaPPI

Newly Enlightened
Anyone got the skinny on the "Husky 5-Piece LED Flashlight Set, Includes batteries (346446)" in the "Your Choice $5" box on the back page of the Home Depot flyer? A buck each is pretty cheap, but I was impressed by the Husky 2 for $5 lights on sale the week before Halloween at Lowe's. If anyone has info I'd like to know tonight if possible. I'm assuming they are gonna fly through their inventory tomorrow a.m. pretty quickly.
Thanks,
HaPPI :whistle:

HaPPI

Newly Enlightened
Oh, and BTW, the same flyer has a Husky 4-Pack aluminum LED flashlight set for $19.97 and your choice of M*g 4D with batts or 3D/AA combo pack with holsters and batts for 19.97 (incans).

HaPPI :whistle:

--------------------
I love a good photon

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that add too. They would probably make nice presents.

mhubble

Enlightened
Went to my local HOME DEPOT in Va this morning and was told these lights didnt come in.....didnt know when they would be here either.

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
I bought a set this morning, and they're pretty much CRAP! The set of 5, includes 5 rubber armored 5mm led lights with batteries. The batteries are 2xAAA per light, and fit inside a plastic tube. The light may be designed for AA batteries, but I don't have time right now to try it. The light is hopelessly dim. Although it might be good for an emergency storage pack, or to read by, I don't recommend them. The other light combinations are a 5 pack-LED keychain squeeze type, LED keychain, 2 single AAA, and 1 double AAA KRYPTON. Another package include a couple of larger aluminum KRYPTON lights with an LED headlight.

UPDATE:

OK. I'm back home now after working all day, and had a bit of time to play around with the lights in the dark. They aren't as dim as I earlier thought. They're about as a bright as a Sonic with a really non-uniform and ringy beam, but still useful if you need a light. The plastic sleeve insert for the AAA batteries falls right out, and a pair of AA batteries fits right in. Due to the rubber armoring, they have a sure grip and would make a welcome addition to the glove box, trunk, tool or tackle box. However, there are many cheap lights that do a better job of illuminating.

Last edited:

Bror Jace

Enlightened
I saw the same pack (I think)... only 2 of the 5 were LEDs ... the rest were 2AA and 1AAA incans ... looked really cheap.

Price was marked $7.98 I believe. I wasn't even tempted.

The other pack with 1-2 LEDs and the lareg D cell Maglite knock-off was $19.97 and wasn't too tempting.

However, I saw a 3-pack of "Husky" LED lights for $19.97 and they WERE tempting:

2C 1-Watt LED.
2AA 6 LED
1 keychain light.

Still, I didn't buy any. :( I have too many cheap lights already.

HaPPI

Newly Enlightened
The package I was trying to get my hands on and failed was 5 identical lights for $5. I was there Friday after work and they were not at either store near me. Oh well, I guess they got a very small amount of inventory on that one per store. Yeah, I have no lack of cheap lights either. I don't think I'll miss them. And I've already given an LED light to everyone I would give presents too by now. I even use them for tips!

Lightningbug, how many and what kind of emitter is in them?

HaPPI

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
My local store said they had 180 coming in and took my phone number. I'm waiting for a call to check them out. I thought they may qualify as "give-away" lights?

ken2400

Enlightened
I saw them in the add and thought about the ones I bought at dollar tree. I am getting to the age where if I can play with it once or twice I don't need to buy it.

Thanks for the info guys.

Sigman said:
My local store said they had 180 coming in and took my phone number. I'm waiting for a call to check them out. I thought they may qualify as "give-away" lights?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
ken2400 said:
I am getting to the age where if I can play with it once or twice I don't need to buy it.

Haha, I thought this too when looking at some lights in person. :lolsign:

BTW, what age, 40 like me? :sssh:

ken2400

Enlightened
41 plus I am running out of room in the house for all this stuff. I have found that what comes in must go out someday. :)

EngrPaul said:
Haha, I thought this too when looking at some lights in person. :lolsign:

BTW, what age, 40 like me? :sssh: