Craig's "ultra mega top secret prototype project" what is it???

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig\'s "ultra mega top secret prototype project" what is it???

Craig at the LED museum posted this on another thread, but I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!

The Perfect Light! (Say it like Craig and Arenia the fake cheerleaders on SNL!)

It's big! Yet it fit's on you keychain! So lightweight that you almost forget you are carrying it, yet doubles as a nightstick!

It's re-chargable! It takes batteries! It's regulated, yet it is direct drive! Great as a tent light, but can be mounted on Police Helicoptors as their primary spot light!

It's incandecent, yet it is an LED! Puts out a wide, gentle light, yet also puts out a piercing, narrow beam!

It's a hands free light, yet it requires both hands.

It's a mod of an existing light, yet it is a completely new design! It's twist on, and a tailcap! It has a lexan lense, and a Pyrex lense, but comes with no lense.

It burns forever, yet has a short run time. It's white, but also red and green! The bulb lasts forever, but needs to be changed every 5 hours!

It's the most expensive light ever, yet will sell for under 5 dollars.

It can only be bought "if you know someone", yet it is in every cash register stand at Wal-mart!

It' made by SureFire and MagLight at the same time!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: Craig\'s "ultra mega top secret prototype project" what is it???

confused.gif

End of story.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

BuddTX,
that is positively Shakespearian !!
And redolent of "The Ad Department" at the same time !!

Cool.

Jahn

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The objects of this project are going on the CPF video this evening, but if the release date for the prototypes are projected to be anywhere *after* the CPF tape comes out, they will have to be omitted.
blush.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

So it's plural then. I would guess different lights by one manufacturer. Or something different then lights?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would this photo from the "About the LED Museum" page have anything to do with it...?

lab200.jpg

confused.gif
wink.gif

dark star

Enlightened

Originally posted by BuddTX:
Craig at the LED museum posted this on another thread, but I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!

The Perfect Light! ......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It doesn't sound so good. I didn't see anything about a dimmer !

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think I have one... no, that's not it. WAIT! there it is!! No... darn. Hmmmm... (scratches head with puzzeled look on face)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

Originally posted by Chris M.:
Would this photo from the "About the LED Museum" page have anything to do with it...?
{photo with objects censored out of it}
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nope, not this time.
Let me go check a website and see if it's OK yet to identify some of the censored devices in that picture...

Ok, it's on their site and it isn't hidden where nobody can find it, so I'm pretty sure it's safe to "uncensor" it now.
http://pro.colorkinetics.com/products/controllers/index.htm#colordial
It's something called the ColorDial.

The only other censored object in the picture was just a decoy - a box that used to have laundry soap in it.

That means this top secret project's secret is still safe.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

Got ya! So now I have a question, does the color dial itself do anything cool? I think it'd be fun to replace your dimmer switches with one that did leaps and turns and, err I mean, with one that had cool LED induced effects. I doubt it does though. Short of writing a review or an operaters guide here, can you tell a little tiny bit about how it works--is it mostly like your regular dimmer, push and turn, or does it do other things too?

Saaby

Flashaholic

What can I say...just having a lazy sunday afternoon.

Cutter

Enlightened

Yawwwnnn......I hear ya Saaby. Bored...Bored....Bored....Bored.....etc....etc...etc..

Somebody post something reaallllyyyy exciting or I'm gonna have to go out and start a topic myself......but it's just such a lazy day....I was trying to limit my activity.
grin.gif

Sighhh.....I sure do miss the "Welcome to Kmart..You're going to jail now" thread. Sasha booted me out cause I wouldn't play nice.
smile.gif
Actually she just shut the whole thread down 'cause we were talking in circles. It was almost like my only child was sent away....never to return.
frown.gif

By the way Sasha.....I signed up for your website....it looks good.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

And Craig....unless my eyes deceive me....I see more pictures of dragonflies in your post above.
smile.gif

Greta

Flashaholic

I saw that Cutter. And thank you.
grin.gif

The reason I closed the thread is because it was starting to get abusive. Warnings were given three or four times, I think. I'll admit they were subtle warnings by several different people but none-the-less, warnings to take it down a notch. It's not a problem. And no one is "in trouble". I think everyone learned a thing or two. And I do hope that everyone got the message that discussion is good... abusing each other is bad.

Now about this colordial thingie here. This is way cool!!! When can we all have them installed in our bedrooms... er.. kitchen???
wink.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

Forget both...porch light
wink.gif

Cutter

Enlightened

Oh.....believe me Sasha....I'm actually glad you shut the thread down. I was just teasing you up above.
grin.gif
grin.gif

I had typed so much in that thread, I think I gave myself arthritis. And I'm a little thick headed Sasha....a warning to me is.....Dan, if you don't shutup right now, I'm gonna smack ya upside the head until you can't remember that Saaby likes Arc AAA's. And that would have to be a really hard smack....believe me.
smile.gif

I'll make sure to keep it toned down for everyone, but don't you all worry about offending me. Tell me what's on your mind and give me a good kick in the seat of the pants if you think I need it.
smile.gif

*****Edit*****
Sorry, I tend to stray off topic.....and now....back to Craigs color dial thingy.

Greta

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Saaby:
Forget both...porch light
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ... once again, the kid comes through! Excellent idea Ryan!
thumbsup.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic

I try not to brag, but if you have a toy like that you gotta show it off! Am I right or am I...right?

Unfortunatly my house only has 1 porch light, if it had 2 I could install 2 of these lights and put it on the "rainbow chase" mode where the colors of the rainbow scroll/chase slowly (I beleve their words for it are gracefully) from one light to the next.

If you don't have a porch, here's another idea. Get a frame, a elegant, rectangle frame. Hang on white wall, or put a white piece of canvis in the frame and hang on colored wall...mount light above and aim at patch of white space--volia! Living art
grin.gif