Your favorite rock music band? (or other bands)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was just reading the censorship post and realized it was much too heavy for me on a Saturday night. While reading thru CPF, I have been listening to a Def Leppard cd which is one of my favorite rock bands of all time and wondered what other CPF members liked. I like U2 and more modern bands as well but have always been a Def Leppard fan. I have expanded my music tastes as I have gotten older and would like to learn more about good jazz bands and big band era bands like those from the 1940s so if anybody can comment on good music choices from either category, that would be appreciated.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I like everything! I like all music except Rap, which isn't music. I can tolerate country but not much. Anyway (And my mum would cringe to know I was posting this, she things it's a terrible name for a band) my fav. group is BNL. I have BNL on my computer
wink.gif

I like They Might Be Giants too...nerd rock et. all seems to be my fav. type of music. U2 is cool too though I mean, like I said...I like lots of stuff
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by geepondy:
Was just reading the censorship post and realized it was much too heavy for me on a Saturday night. While reading thru CPF, I have been listening to a Def Leppard cd which is one of my favorite rock bands of all time and wondered what other CPF members liked. I like U2 and more modern bands as well but have always been a Def Leppard fan. I have expanded my music tastes as I have gotten older and would like to learn more about good jazz bands and big band era bands like those from the 1940s so if anybody can comment on good music choices from either category, that would be appreciated.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Did you ever get ANY kind of song "stuck' in your mind for a day or two?
blush.gif
-where it plays over and over over again in your head:)

That happened to me with Glen Miller's "In the Mood" a week ago, and even though I had not heard that music since practically a year or two after WW-II, it played over and over again for two days. Kinda reminds me of the hiccups.
tongue.gif
They must have played it a few trillion times on the radio back then. We got REAL tired of it.
grin.gif

That was when radios where as popular as today's computers are.

Added: the Big Band Era kinda wound down around the end of the 40s, but Tommy Dorsey amoung others, still remain in memory.........

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by mr.glow:
Did you ever get ANY kind of song "stuck' in your mind for a day or two?
blush.gif
-where it plays over and over over again in your head:)

That happened to me with Glen Miller's
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">All the time! Whereas some people have a photographic memory, my memory seems to be more than happy to remember, well, sounds! I now have "In the mood" stuck in my head--thanks
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This kind of thread seems to pop up two or three times a year.

Favorite bands are Anthrax and Raven. And I'll listen to many early- to mid-1980s pop, like what MTV used to play when the "M" in their name still stood for "Music". Stuff like Aldo Nova, Cheap Trick, Def Leppard, Pat Benetar, Duran Duran, Foreigner, Red Rider, The Cars, Pink Floyd, and the like.

No rap. I hate that stuff, with a capital "H". I've been known to break a TV set or a radio when that crap came on it and there was no way I could otherwise get to the appliance and shut it off correctly.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
I like everything! I like all music except Rap, which isn't music. I can tolerate country but not much. Anyway (And my mum would cringe to know I was posting this, she things it's a terrible name for a band) my fav. group is BNL. I have BNL on my computer
wink.gif

I like They Might Be Giants too...nerd rock et. all seems to be my fav. type of music. U2 is cool too though I mean, like I said...I like lots of stuff
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">For those of us who are less hip, are you referring to Bare Naked Ladies?

Saaby

Flashaholic
That'd be them
grin.gif
2 words though, Barenaked Ladies, 3 letters in acronym though--one of lifes true mysteries.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig and I are from the same genre. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a "music" music tv video station anymore. MTV has regressed in my opinion.

Mr. Glow, I'm going to look into getting me some Tommy Dorsey and Glenn Miller music. My parent's aren't much help but they should be as they were born in the 30s.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
i like a lotta those same ones Craig J. mentions. I still like 80s alternative rock too. Foo-Fighters, Romeo-Void, New Order, Depeche-Mode, Alphaville etc.

Ditto to the comments on Rap. It doesn't bother me if other people enjoy it, (life is to enjoy, right?) but it just doesn't seem like music to My ears. Makes Whitesnake and Motorhead seem truly musical by comparison.
tongue.gif
:D

Does anybody have any experience/comments on the new satellite digital (XM is one) radio yet?

Greta

Flashaholic
Matchbox 20. No matter what new CD I buy, I always end up going back to Matchbox 20 after awhile. Shakira is my lastest fav. I love that Middle Eastern sound!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, "Yourself Or Someone Like You" is one of my favorite CDs of all time. For personal reasons as well as musical interests. "I wish the real world would just stop hassling me and you and you aaand me." BTW, I'm 39 I figure you're somewhere in my age group. But still, maybe even Sabby knows about this cd unless he is masquerading as a 16 year old but in reality is much older.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ooh ooh ooh I have a comment on XM radio--the car they're showing to magazines and the likes with the XM radio installed? It be a Saab 9-3 convertable.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
80's Retro for me.......... not really a favorite
band just an era...
smile.gif

Don't laugh...
mad.gif

Really my doctor said there is nothing wrong with it
rolleyes.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

After years of resisting learning to dance, I eventually succumbed to pressure and my wife and I are now learning Rock 'n Roll dancing.

Starting to appreciate the likes of Elvis, Chuck Berry and the Big O.

Brock

Flashaholic
Did ya ever notice how Ryan always manages to get a reference to his favorite car somewhere in every thread
wink.gif
That's talent my young friend
smile.gif

Ummm I used to listen to Prince or that funny symbol, but Prince again since he got his name back from Warner Bros. Femmes odd stuff. Now I mostly listen to anything with a good dance beat like that Fat boy slim, weapon of choice and Dirty Vegas, days go by, a bunch of stuff from No Doubt and I con't forget some good old Sinatra and Mozart. Is that odd enough?

Saaby

Flashaholic
Brock, whadda you mean? That pic on my signature?? That hardly counts
wink.gif

Latest posts