Wish List

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
I wish I had a tail cap switch like on the Brinkmann Legend 2AA for ????

I wish I had 2 Luxeon Blaster into either a 3C or 3D cell Maglite.

I wish I had a white 5w Luxeon modded into a xD cell Maglite. (where x = 4 or 6)

I wish I had a one million CP LED

I wish I had a fuel cell powered flashlight. Maybe it would run on alcohol. "They" are sposed to be able to make fuel cells for cell phones - why not flashlights?!

I wish I had a LED (or would it be a µWED) that would emit micro-wave radiation so I could use it to heat an individual serving or use it for camping. An aimable µwave if you will.

Lest anyone think this is not serious let me assure you that this is given with all the serousity I can muster - but I still like a little levity once in a while.
hihi.gif

--Ðøug
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Originally posted by Doug Meister:
I wish I had a tail cap switch like on the Brinkmann Legend 2AA for ????

I wish I had 2 Luxeon Blaster into either a 3C or 3D cell Maglite.

I wish I had a white 5w Luxeon modded into a xD cell Maglite. (where x = 4 or 6)

I wish I had a one million CP LED

I wish I had a fuel cell powered flashlight. Maybe it would run on alcohol. "They" are sposed to be able to make fuel cells for cell phones - why not flashlights?!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I wish I had a LED (or would it be a µWED) that would emit micro-wave radiation so I could use it to heat an individual serving or use it for camping. An aimable µwave if you will.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Lest anyone think this is not serious let me assure you that this is given with all the serousity I can muster - but I still like a little levity once in a while.
hihi.gif

--Ðøug
grin.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What a great idea, the micro-wave thing. That would revolutionize camping!

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had space for a lathe.. and all the other power tools I can only think about...
rolleyes.gif

Mmmmm....power tools...

Graham

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Doug Meister:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mmmm...an alcohol powered flashlight. Imagine the possibilities.

"Man, I'm parched.."
<glug>...
"Oh darn, only 30 minutes of runtime now.."
grin.gif

Graham

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I wish I had a McCullough HID or a Surefire Beast HID, a 3 million CP rechargeable spotlight (that's truly a long-distance champion) and a Terra Destroyer 5W LS light in green, red-orange or white.

An integrating sphere would be nice, but I have *no* room here in this fleabag apartment in which to install such a large instrument.

Saaby

Flashaholic
"Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer" er...I wish I had a Saab
grin.gif
some other stuff would be nice too but I'd like to start with a Saab and go from there. What good is a 1 mil spot without a car to plug it into
wink.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I had a Maxabeam.
wink.gif

I wish I was quicker at writing reviews.
tongue.gif

I wish I had full and normal access to CPF here at home, instead of this creaky and unreliable proxy connection.

If I wish hard enough maybe it will come true? But I probably have more chance of owning that Maxabeam at the moment......

rolleyes.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by Graham and Doug:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Doug Meister:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mmmm...an alcohol powered flashlight. Imagine the possibilities.

"Man, I'm parched.."
<glug>...
"Oh darn, only 30 minutes of runtime now.."
grin.gif

Graham
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhhh Graham and Doug......what kind of alchohol would this thing actually run off of.......wouldn't it have to be light beer?

Was that funny?.........I thought that was funny.........maybe not.......well........hmmmmm........no.......that was funny.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that article Doug P. I heard about these micro fuel cells a while ago and I was thinking of Isopropyl Alcohol since its so available at any store. But since Graham saw the imbibing side - I went along.

Actually I'd like fuelcells for my house in case of a power failure.
--Ðøug
grin.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'd heard about the technology for PCs too - although one of the current obstacles is lack of infrastructure for 'recharges'..which could be fixed if they could perhaps make it work with different fuels.

'Uh-oh, PC battery is running low again. Quick, pass me that bottle of Jim Beam..'
grin.gif

Graham

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, A lathe keeps popping up to the top of my wish list- It keeps competing with that few hundred or few thousand acres of remote mountain land for my "fortress of solitude".

Actually, I have almost enough money in PayPal for one of the 7 X 10 inch tabletop lathes. A few more sales and I may get one, If I can avoid having to withdraw money from there to pay bills etc.

Of course once I get the lathe, I'll have to get Doug Speck or CNC Dan to come over and teach me how to run it...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Silviron, what kinda lathe you gonna get?
New or used?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably new- one of those china made jobbies you can get from Harbor Freight or Enco.

No one around here has any used ones for sale, and since I want this MOSTLY for threading, I'd be afraid to travel far to buy a used one that may be worn out.

Harbor Freight has theirs on sale for about 10% off for the next couple of weeks, and free shipping, so I'll probably go that route, if I get a little extra money.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=33684

I'd like to get a couple of the optional tool sets too.

In case anyone missed it in the previous thread about lathes (no pun intended) here is an excellent resource for people interested in getting their own small lathe, and the capabilities of these relatively inexpensive units:
http://www.mini-lathe.com

Oh yeah, that Mini fuel cell looks great- I'd love to be able to get a 5 or ten watt unit for portable use... if they can keep the price under ten-fifteen dollars a watt like they are claiming.... then, the "Fortress of Solitude" will need about a two thousand watt unit... Lets see, I'll plant corn, build a methanol plant......

Nah, I guess I'll go solar & wind power (hydro if I have a fast enough stream) with a diesel generator backup.

But the 5-10 watter will be neat for powering a new Luxeon mod
grin.gif

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened
Silviron, thankx for the link to that Mini Lathe. I also looked at the Mini Mill. I have heard of a machine that combines both. I would check to see about the availability of parts and accessories, too.

Also if I was going to get either one of these - I'd take a trip down to S Calif to S. Elmonte to Industrial Pipe and Steel (IPS). Dont know if they have a web site. They have all sorts of machine tools and accessories. But you hafta be careful with them - once they advertized a chuck for my drill motor for something like $1.95. I went down to look at it and noticed how crumby it was. It was total junk. But in the bin next to it were $12.95 chucks that looked very good. I bought the 12.95 one. So its "Buyer Beware".

One thing to consider on metal working power tools such as Mills and Lathes is accuracy. Ever wonder why the big mills have all that massive support structure? When the tool bites in - it moves - thus destroying accuracy. A way around this is to take very small bites at a time.
--Ðøug
grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Yeah, it has been several years since I bought from IPS- They had some pretty good deals, allright, but I forgot all about them.
I don't believe I want to drive a thousand miles to check them out though
smile.gif

There are several combo mill-lathes available. I think the cheapest I've seen is around $500 on sale, but normally they are around $700 - 800.