Home invasion last night. Intruder subdued by Mag85

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I come home from a day with the family to find my home invaded. On my stair landing I was accosted by the flapping of wings. :wtf: Thinking I left the bird cage open to spend hours corralling my parakeet I was ticked. When I flipped the light on I found a ##%$%@$ starling. I shooed him in the largest room assembly upstairs (dope!) and grabbed my Mag85 thinking the light might stun him.

A quick perusal of the windows found none in the house open. Nor did I find any intrusion points. I think he entered the garage-kitchen breezway when I was exiting the house yesterday morning.

In the back room I opened the window and then proceeded to shoo him into that room. First time I did not close the exit back to my room (DOH!) and had to do it again. It took ten minutes to get the stupid thing to fly into the open lower window. Nature indicated to him that higher was better.

Further inspections found no bird doo or incursion points. Next time I will shoo the thing into my oven and fricasee him. :xyxgun:

DM51

Flashaholic
Maybe it came down the chimney. We sometimes get crows falling down the damn chimney. Then they fly around in a panic, crapping and leaving soot everywhere, and an even worse mess if you have to shoot them.

Illum

Flashaholic
DM51 said:
Maybe it came down the chimney. We sometimes get crows falling down the damn chimney. Then they fly around in a panic, crapping and leaving soot everywhere, and an even worse mess if you have to shoot them.

never had or seen birds coming down the shoot....now raccoons is another matter:ohgeez:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I had a starling scome in through a hole in the chimney screen once. He wound up in the living room, and since it was still daylight when I found him, I turned out all of the lights and then opened the front door. This made it clear to him where "outdoors" was, and after a few moments of studying the situation, he flew right out the front door.