Flashlights - What a great, cheap, fun, interesting hobby!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went over to a friends house the other day, and the friend's son had a birthday. His birthday / Christmas present was a 600 $ Shotgun.

The father was comparing his 26 inch shotgun to his son's shotgun, and noticed that his 26 inch barrell shotgun was shorter than his son's.

He explained to his wife why to 26 inch shotguns were different lengths. (the barrels were exactly 26 inches, both of them, but the butts and firing mechanisms were different lengts). He says that his shotgun, was a hand made precision instrument, whereas his son's shotgun was a mass produced gun. (I never found out the value of the second gun!)

I ws glad that my hobby was flashlights, not guns! Other than the maxibeam, the most expensive flashlight is (I think!) a 350 retail M6 Surefire.

Alright, so 350 $ is not cheap, but compared to other hobbies, it is!

Once a month or so, spending 75 $ or so on the latest "mod" light, or going to brightguy and purchasing 3 or 4 lights in a month is fun, and, compared to other hobbies, cheap!

I like this hobby!

(my next hobby is going to be supermodels! No, wait, they are just tooo thin! Just hot babes in general!)

Cutter

Enlightened
I collect bags of dirt. No matter where you go in the world, you can always find it. Plus.....you never have to clean it. And, if you can find a good deal on some, you might even say it's......cheaper than dirt.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Dan out

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
So you're the guy who's been pilfering used vaccum cleaner bags and sneaking off in the night with forgotten wheelbarrows full of fungused potting soil & compost.
That's why I keep finding disembowelled vacuums in the front yard and why I'm having to replace my wheelbarrow every week.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

I found this one behind the garage just last week!

vac209.jpg

Looks like somebody caught you in the act, and you vamoosed before being able to finish the job!!
shocked.gif

Cutter

Enlightened
That is an absolutely perfect and beautiful sample of dirt. The way the cigarette butts and your pet rat hairs glob together in little balls.....it truly is a work of art. How much are you asking?
grin.gif

And you'll never prove I had anything to do with those disembowelled vacuums copper.....you hear me?....yeah...yeah.....me and Mugsy....we're gonna get off scott free copper.....yeah....yeah......you'll never take us alive.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would also like to add, that this is one very useful hobby. Power outages what power outages? I imagine most if not all CPFs wouldn't care, I actually hope for one, so I can put all these lights to work.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by V8TOYOTATRK:
All I can say is its a whole lot cheaper than modding my truck.

rims and tires = 1700
Nitro Coilovers = 750
audio = 1000
exhaust = 500
TRD grill = 250
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Do you have a superchip? What kind of Tonneau cover? Now, do tell about the headlights and fog lights!

I have a 2001 GMC Sierra, and just LOVE the thing!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya but, I only get I gun every few years and I am buying Flashlights by the truck load!
shocked.gif
grin.gif