I wanna see who I'm talking to.....Post a picture here if you can.

Cutter

Enlightened
I wanna see who I\'m talking to.....Post a picture here if you can.

Ok gang....it's been a lazy boring day for me so I thought I'd try to spice things up a bit. If anybody has a picture that they wouldn't mind posting, I'd like to see who I've been talking to. I know there's a place in the profiles where you can put a picture....but you have to go into each individuals profile to see it.

I thought it would be fun to have a thread you could scroll through to take a look. Besides, I wanna see that picture again of Craig with the 5 billion candlepower green l.e.d. shining in his face.
grin.gif
I don't have a digital camera, so the only picture I can offer is from last New Years Eve with some buddies down in San Antonio, Texas. I'm the one on the left. I know the pictures a little dark and hard to see. I have dark hair so it didn't show up in the picture but you can at least get an idea of what I look like.

Hope at least a few of you will join in.

fd5aeb8c.jpg

And, if you want....tell us how you came up with your screen name and why you chose it. Mine is based partly on my last name. Also, as a kid, I really liked the Elfquest books that were written by Wendi and Richard Pini. The lead character in the book was named Cutter. Here's a picture of the real Cutter.
smile.gif
And, lastly, I live in Indiana. There's an old movie (1979) I like that stars Dennis Quaid called "Breaking Away" and it was set in Bloomington, Indiana (Home of I.U. University). The stars of the movie played poor kids whose fathers worked in the rock quarries in southern Indiana cutting stone. So, the richer college kids called the poorer kids "Cutter" in an attempt to degrade them, but they kind of take the name with pride. The movie was centered around the "little 500" which is a bicycle race that I.U. hosts every year.

fd5ba126.gif

Anybody else care to contribute???
grin.gif

Dan out

Saaby

Flashaholic
Re: I wanna see who I\'m talking to.....Post a picture here if you can.

Ok now you've gone and done it, you've gone and started a topic on somehting I've been meaning to start a topic on, I'll have to shun you
wink.gif
or....post a pic. I think Craig and myself are the only 2 people here that have a pic in our profile
shocked.gif
here it is...

ryansm.jpg

This pic is about a year out of date...next time I get a decent pic of myself I'll post it here.

The name: In a nutshell...
When I was like 2, naw...probably like 6 or 7, we went on one of our family roadtrips. Brown Chevy Celeberty station wagon (Since replaced with a much nicer Chrysler Town & Country minivan with a white Plymouth Voyager in between) wasn't quite up to the trip. Rented a car, all they had was: A Buick with 5 seatbelts (We had specifically requested 6) or a Cadillac Sedan Deville with blue leather interior and 200 miles on it--guess what we got at no extra charge?
wink.gif

It was the first trip where I was to talk on the CB more than 2 or 2 words. I needed a handle, Cadillac Kid...that would be me. Soooooo about a year ago I take this (permanent) superliking to Saabs and so here I am--Saaby!

But really, the whole story above was necessary to get to this point--other wise I might have a mediocore name like Scott (My middle name) or, heh heh just thought of this one, Elipsoidal Reflector Scott! Heh heh, ok ok take another nap, I know....

Yup, the end.

Cutter

Enlightened

Originally posted by Saaby:
Ok now you've gone and done it, you've gone and started a topic on somehting I've been meaning to start a topic on, I'll have to shun you
wink.gif
or....post a pic. I think Craig and myself are the only 2 people here that have a pic in our profile.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Heh Heh....2 Quick 4 U.
grin.gif
Thanks for contributing Ryan (I think that's your real name). And you and Craig are the only people who have a pic in your profile????
confused.gif
For Shame. I'd put one in mine but I don't have a pic of just me that I could post.

Anyone else care to take the plunge??? Lets see those mugs people.

Dan out

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast

Craig posted a picture of me from way back in Jr. High. I'll bet it's still out there somewhere. I'll get a current one someday.

Cutter

Enlightened

You're not going to get off that easy David. If somebody out there is good at searches....see if you can track that Jr. High picture down and post it for him.
grin.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ahh, that's the thread. Lots of strange photos..I was going to have a look for it, but beaten to it...

Graham

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Retired Nuclear Power Worker (Radiation Protection Tech.), divorced and 59 years old!
Roy1.jpg

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's the pic from my profile in CPF.

billy.jpg

The only difference now is I just (today) shaved my head with an electric shaver and a #2 guard.

Saaby

Flashaholic

I get #2 (On the sides) and blend (On top) that's quite short I might say!

Cutter

Enlightened

Were you at Hef's house or what Tree????
grin.gif
Interesting backdrop behind you.

And thanks for that link geepondy. Very good stuff.

But I'd like to see more pics of the members themselves posted here as well. Along with any information you might want to share about your screen name and why you chose it.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

About my hair, it freaked out everyone I saw today. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow. My co-worker shaved his head this weekend also, not as short though. Should be an interesting week.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

About the pic, it was a Playboy party we did all the production for during Superbowl this year. It was at St Elizabeth's which is Ann Rice's house. Boy did I get an eyefull that night!!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I've spent the day doing some "webwashing" - going through all my accounts and deleting what isn't needed anymore. So far, that's only gotten me about 700 or 800K. But I still have four more to do.

Found in one of them, were these:

tface.jpg

This is what happens when you let a good toilet go bad.

kickover.jpg

And this is the punishment you mete out to "correct" the bad toilet.
grin.gif

5w300.jpg

And finally, this is the reward for a hard day's work slaying all those miscreant biffies.

Cutter, I think you'd better start setting out mattresses around that chair of yours.
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic

WOW, Tree I could spot you as an Audio guy on an "in" in a second. We (audio guys) usually look more respectable then most technicians.

Kaiserdad082002.jpg

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're right Brock. That pic was just as we finished setting up and the party started. We worked from 9am to 10pm getting it all in there and setup. The pic is in the chapel we turned into a dance club, one of the many rooms we worked on.

Cute kid BTW!

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brock, my wife noticed you were from Green Bay and told me to tell you we just got a little Packers outfit for our yet to be born son from some friends in Wisconsin.

Darell

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Brock:
We (audio guys) usually look more respectable then most technicians.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">"Usually" is the key word, I guess...

I'll get right on this thread when I have a moment at home. I'd like to have my hide washed before I take any new pictures though.