Inova question from a newbie

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I'm a copier technician, I bought an Inova X0 as an everyday carry inspection light. I really like the light but after using it for awhile I've come to dislike the twist on/off system.

Is there some place to buy a click on/off tailcap? or a way to mod the original tail cap so that the tailcap button is not just momentary?

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome-

I like the INOVAs and dislike the switches, too.

Just on the off chance that you don't know, the tail cap may be screwed all the way in to 'constant on' or screwed out far enough that the light can't inadvertantly discharge in luggage, etc.

Last edited:

z96Cobra

Enlightened
The Inova "T" series lights have the clicky on the tailcap, and they are interchangeable with the X series lights. You may be able to get one from Inova if you give them a call.

Roger

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip on the T series lights. I may just replace the X0 with a T2, as my X0 is silver and all the T lights seem to be black (new tailcap wouldn't match
frown.gif
)

wow... did I just decide to upgrade a flashlight?

I've been "into" lots of different gadgets in my life but high end flashlights is a first. I can hear my wife now (Say this in your best Marge Simpson voice )"what does the $50 flashlight do that the $30 flashlight didn't?)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
copierguy_mobile said:
Thanks for the tip on the T series lights. I may just replace the X0 with a T2, as my X0 is silver and all the T lights seem to be black (new tailcap wouldn't match
frown.gif
)

wow... did I just decide to upgrade a flashlight?

I've been "into" lots of different gadgets in my life but high end flashlights is a first. I can hear my wife now (Say this in your best Marge Simpson voice )"what does the $50 flashlight do that the $30 flashlight didn't?)
And you can
say[What do these $75 shoe's do that the $50 one's didn't?]Good luck with
your Inova!:)

frogs3

Enlightened
Dear copierguy_mobile and Fellow Flashaholics,

I just got my T2 today, and it is about the best investment in a useful, compact BRIGHT light that I could imagine. It will be with me whenever it gets dark, day or night.

The clickie is firm in its operation, the knurling is excellent for the grip, and I can't believe how much was put into the T series, of which both my wife and daughter have T5's.

Let us know how you enjoy your T2!

=Harvey K.