Just got me new L4 Lumamax Surefire

megahurts

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight is awesome. The size to power output has to be one of the best. It is shorter than my minimag (with LED upgrade) and more powerful than my 3 D Big maglite with the 3w LED upgrade.This thing is so rugged and perfectly machined. I am so glad I spent the extra to get the surefire. Just another example of you get what you pay for.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are a couple of KL4 Heads on single cell body's. These are tiny pocket rockets.

twins.jpg

This one is a KL4 with a different body (I beleive it was made by TB) that runs on a high capacity Lithium ion battery. The one on top is always in my bail out bag. With a spare battery. When you need a light this is a great one to have Lots of light for a long time.
One thing I have noticed is that it is difficult to create a matched pair in terms of the tint of the emitters. I have a pair that is close but when they are on together they are not the same.
I Love Surefire Lego's. You will now be able to play Lego's too.
Yaesumofo

kl4whostcrsm.jpg

Snow said:
We need pics. I have been thinking about one of these for a while.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L4 is awesome. But I'm just not brave enough to pay that price for a luxeon light, when the Cree's out there waiting around the corner....

dudegalea

Newly Enlightened
The L4 is a beauty.

Personally, I prefer the L2 because it has two levels of light output. I don't always need the high level if I'm just looking for something I've dropped. Also, in an emergency, it's nice to be able to switch to low power mode to conserve batteries. (I always carry two spare CR123's in my pocket, because when the emergency hits, I won't know how much power I have left in the torch.)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always liked the L2 and L4. But I have a U2 and L1, so that pretty much covers it.

Anyway, welcome to the forums dudegalea and megahurts!

dudegalea

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcome, KDOG3!

Just got my M6 Guardian last week, so I'm in a flashlight mood. Or maybe it's because I'm in a flashlight mood that I got the M6. Hmm. :)