Monday night poll: What age would you like to be?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
And why?

For me, 27. Old enough so that I wasn't quite as wet behind the years as say 18, yet young enough so my body wasn't rebelling on me. 28 and 29 were rough, with a sprained knee one year and a ruptured achille's tendon the next. Now I have a cataract going at 39!

If this post is too corny or stupid then I'll delete it after a bit, just interested in other's people's thoughts.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i could keep what i've learned with my current age, 21 baby! oh man........the possibilities....

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trust me, you'll be 60 before you hardly realize it:)
The older 'ya get-the faster yer life seems to go!
shocked.gif

My favorite age was about 35, I think..
blush.gif
)

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, if I could keep my current knowledge, I'd like to go back to high school please.

Oh, the frightening possibilities!

I actually like where I am now. I just wish my body wasn't falling by the wayside.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am 41 now <geeze, what am I going to do when I grow up!!!!>

If I could keep my current job, salary, and knowledge, house, everything, I would like to be 32. (I was going to ay 33, but I want to ease into it for a year!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Saaby:
Ummmm...hmm, lets see...how about...

16?

Yeah, 16.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saaby, I'm still not convinced you're only 16. You show a wit and comprehension that indicates a person that is older and has been around the block a little bit more then a typical 16 year old.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I'm 16, I swear by it. Want to see my school ID from last year? If you wait a few weeks I can post my Drivers License, then again, you could just take my word for it.

And yes, I like my age. Sure occasionally (Like today) I think that Kindergarden would be a bit easier and more fun than AP European History but I'm (literally) having the time of my life right now...

Greta

Flashaholic
Originally posted by darell:
I actually like where I am now. I just wish my body wasn't falling by the wayside.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I gotta go with that too. I am loving 40! It seems as if I have so much freedom! And my daughter is 20 and we have so much fun together! That's the most awesome part, I think. Being able to have her as a friend now. I raised one hell of a neat woman. Just wish my body could keep up with my mind...
icon23.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I turn 28 tomorrow. Everyone tells me life gets a little sweeter at 30+, so I guess I'm looking forward to that. High school was a ball, but these 20's were rough. I call my 20s the "humbling" period.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember feeling very mortal 4 months after my 33rd birthday. I realized I was 33 1/3 -- 1/3 of a century and that more than 1/3 of my life was probably behind me. That was when I stopped thinking that life was forever. I then realized that each moment should either be savored for whatever reason or expended constructively -- hopefully both.

Well its now almost a quarter of a century later and 33 1/3 RPM records are effectively obsolete. I'm not going to waste time looking backward wishing I could do it over again with a younger and more flexible body. BTW -- 40 and 50 passed without bothering me.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, to be 16 knowing what I know today. I think I'm good where I am at. To be 16 and have to do it all over again seems a bit daunting no matter how much I know now. If I had to go back to an age and forget everything I learned since, I'd say somewhere between 8 and 10. Old enough to have fun, but young enough not to have many responsibilities or burdens.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Soooo....what would make my life great if I knew it now? Buy flashlights? Working on it...

Or is it all things that must be learned through experience?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
At 16 you think you know everything. In your twenties you realize you know nothing. Now I know enough to really learn about life.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ah but Tree I just today did my first day of Highschool...believe me when I say I know NOTHING
wink.gif