• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Nuwai Q-III modded with Cree XRE (pics + beamshots)

mosport

Enlightened
Excellent condition Nuwai Q-III for sale, un-scratched and has never been dropped. Used as a bike light, now it's getting colder so selling it to fund a winter bike light project.

I've upgraded the emitter to a Cree XRE, replaced original aluminum spacer ring with custom all-copper heatsink, modified the reflector to re-allign XRE focus, installed a mineral glass lens and FLuPIC driver. Also has the tailstand o-ring mod, original clip has been removed and holes filled with JB Weld. Full details on these mods can be found in my signature's links below.

img1036dh8.jpg
img0972sz9.jpg

Beam has lots of throw and strong sidespill, here's backyard pics comparing HDS B42 on Max (left) and the XRE mod (right). Body unheld will barely get warm on burst mode, estimated output @ 1A overdrive is well over 100 lumens.

img1023so3.jpg
img1021tf1.jpg

Sold to Monolith for $75 + $5 shipping (tracking is optional at-cost) anywhere in North America for the FLuPIC setup listed above. If you prefer R123 direct drive, I'll remove the FLuPIC board to re-install the original driver board and take $15 off the price. Cash PayPal is preferred, please add 3% for CC funded payment.

Priority given to the first "I'll Take It", feel free to ask questions by PM. I'll be back online around 10pm EST tonight.

Thanks for looking!

Derek

Last edited:

Monolith

Enlightened
Re: FS: Nuwai Q-III modded with Cree XRE (pics + beamshots)

I'll take it.

mosport

Enlightened
Re: FS: Nuwai Q-III modded with Cree XRE (pics + beamshots)

Thanks for the quick PayPal Monolith!

Found the Q3 holster so that's yours as well, I'll ship Thursday.
:sold:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plan on making anymore???
That is one nice light!

mosport

Enlightened
Received a few PM's asking the same thing :)

I'm out of emitters so will need to order more XRE's first, that's not so bad since brighter bins are available now. Sending you a PM.

Kid9P said:
Plan on making anymore???
That is one nice light!