Night Ops Gladius and rechargeble batteries ?

C

cwbates

Anyone know of a good rechargeble battery solution for this light ?

Will be using as a duty light for police work.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Pila 168S or 600S will work, but the light will erroneously give the low battery indicator flash about every 10 or 15 seconds. I have 2 Gladius lights and each is fed with a Pila.

Some other batteries will work too (17670?) but someone else will need to elaborate on that.

cheers

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Protected 17670 won't work - too tight a fit. You can jam it in and risk damaging the protective plastic wrapping. I doubt you could remove the battery following that.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember someone saying some special RCR123 regulated protected cells that were mostly limited to around 3 volts once under any load are available somewhere. Sorry I don't have any more info but I read it here I believe.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really don't understand why you didn't try a search first, but, since you didn't...

Use a pair of 3.0V cells. They come off the charger at 3.7V, regulate to 3.0V under load, but have about half the capacity/runtime of primary cells. You can find them at batteryjunction.com.

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
"Use a pair of 3.0V cells. They come off the charger at 3.7V, regulate to 3.0V under load, but have about half the capacity/runtime of primary cells. You can find them at batteryjunction.com."

I'll second that. I'm using theirs in my Gladius w/o problems.

PeteBroccolo

Enlightened
I use the RCR123A IC protected regulated 3.0 volt cells from e-lectronics.net in my Pila GL3 and plan on buying more of them for my Gladius. These cells work very well, and e-lectronics has a very good package price for 4 cells, charger and AC & DC cords.

Tom Slick

Newly Enlightened
Ledacholic Anonymous said:
Protected 17670 won't work - too tight a fit. You can jam it in and risk damaging the protective plastic wrapping. I doubt you could remove the battery following that.

I'm currently using AW's 17670 rechargeable Li-ion cells in my Gladius, and although they are a little snug, they do fit and I'm able to take them out fairly easily by tapping the flashlight body in my palm.

I guess not every Gladius is the same in terms of dimensions.

I do however get the low battery blinking which is a little annoying, but expected.

Tom

BigTwin

Newly Enlightened
I've been using 17670's for at last 6 months....it's snug but I don't have any problem removing the battery.

Ledacholic Anonymous said: