Inova T3

Gaffle

Enlightened
I bought my wife the gift she really wanted this year. Because of this, I was able to choose the gift I really wanted. I am choosing the Inova T3. Seems to be rated well, and I have found it on a site for $50.

If Santa is listening, I REALLY want a Surefire U2.....:whistle:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Botac right? I have ordered from them before with no problem, but some people would warn you that if they make a mistake, you are stuck with it.

Buyer beware. For a few $ more, BatteryJUNCTION <edit> has them for a good price too. And the owner is active here on CPF.

That said, the T3 is a very good light.

Last edited:

LG&M

Enlightened
Nice pick. $50 is a good price wher did you find it?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am choosing the Inova T3. Seems to be rated well, and I have found it on a site for $50.

Nice light - Good throw, good runtime, superiour construction - A real tank of a flashlight!

Personally speaking though, I would avoid botach if that's where you've seen it. I hear way too many horror stories about people saving a few dollars but waiting several weeks/months to recieve their goods.

Batteryjunction.com has good prices on the T3 ($53).

CFU

SuperTorch

Enlightened
I orderd one off of ebay from iraqelectronics or something like than for $54 shipped yesterday. I hope I get it soon, if these are overstock or something from the military then maybe they are top quality - as in LED bin and tint, but anyhow all I want is the T3 I just sold a Inova X03 and from FLR it looks like the T3 has a tad tighter spot, but in any regards if its as good or better than the X03 I'll be happy really wanted a round and black with tail clicky.

Gaffle

Enlightened
Yes I did see it on botac. I would rather purchase it from a fellow CPFer. Hopefully my wife didn't order it from Botac yet. I'll have to make a new printout and conveniently leave it right next to the keyboard.

From what I have read the T3 is a little brighter then the XO3. Also, as was stated, the T3 has the clickie switch.

It feels like I am a kid again waiting for that badass gift.

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would personally stay away from Botac due to the numerous problems people have had with them. I've actually found the XO3 to be slightly brighter but they are very similar in the end. Outside of the switch and the knurling they're really the same. If you're still undecided/on the fence there's a brand new one in the package(XO3) in the B/S/T forum for $49 delivered! Good luck.

Last edited:

Gaffle

Enlightened
Found out that my wife did not order the light yet. BatteryJunction it is.

I would rather have the clickie switch instead of the knurling.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would rather have the clickie switch instead of the knurling.

Ye gets both with the T3 anyways.
smile.gif

CFU

frogs3

Enlightened
Dear Gafle & Fellow Flashaholics,

I just received a T2 and a second T5 from BatteryJunction today. I have been delighted with their service, and for a very small number of $$ above some others, they are absolutely reliable.

My first T5 went very quickly to my wife, the realtor, who needed plenty of light for dark basements in big houses, to make up for burned out bulbs, etc., so I did not have it for long. She has received plenty of positive feedback from both clients and other agents for having "this amazing, compact powerful light" in her handbag. (She told them where SHE bought it!!) With 100 lumens, it is just a bit more than the T3, at 85 lumens; that having been said, for her needs, the T5 was just right, and it works wonderfully.

Then, my daughter came home for Thanksgiving from college last week, saw the T5, and said it would be perfect for going between buildings at night. That was T5 No. 2, also not to be mine.

Then, I decided that the Everready D-cell light by my bed is getting weak -- actually, it is my eyes that are aging (about 35 years since I started using that Everready, with maybe 15-20 lumens on fresh batteries), so I ordered the T2, at 40 lumens. With less than half of your T3's output, it will not wake up the wife in the middle of the night for BR needs, but is fine for what I need. Since it is small and compact, it WILL BE IN MY POCKET, and that makes it 100% better than a big HID that isn't there. Yours, I predict, will follow you around as an edc.

These are solidly made, with both the side-switch and clickies firm in their action. For me, the T series has been exactly what I wanted, and having put in my second order on Sunday night past, the package came in just over 2 business days. The e-mails from the company kept me apprised of the route of delivery, tracking no., and it was child's play to follow the package to my front door -- on-line, on-time, and everything working as advertised.

You will find this light in your pocket whenever it gets dark: it will get a lot of attention. Trust me. Don't forget to buy plenty of extra batteries cheap with the light, as they can have a shelf life of 10 years, and you will get about 2 hours from each set. As I said, you are going to enjoy using this light.

Good luck with the T3, and let us know when you get your next Inova, since the addiction is serious.

All Hope Abandon, Ye who enter here.

The Inferno, Canto 1, Dante Aligheri

-Harvey K.