Aleph 1 Duracoated

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_0018-vi.jpg

IMG_0019-vi.jpg

IMG_0021-vi.jpg

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Looks great. Was that originally the beadblasted A1? Is Duracoating something a regular Joe can do, or does it require special equipment and cost a bunch? I have a Pineapple body that doesn't match with anything. I've been thinking about ways to refinish the whole light so that everything matches.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio said:
Gosh Darn it!!!!! Will you stop posting this stuff!!!!! I'm gonna have to......well, you know. Get Me Some. :lolsign:

Radio, I think Mac has teased and taunted us enough with his awesome work with duracoat that he should send us some sample containers(Quarts or Gallon size will do!:whistle: ) so we can give it a try ourselves!:rock:

Ken:grin2:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
vacuum3d said:
Looks great. Was that originally the beadblasted A1? Is Duracoating something a regular Joe can do, or does it require special equipment and cost a bunch? I have a Pineapple body that doesn't match with anything. I've been thinking about ways to refinish the whole light so that everything matches.

Yes anybody can Duracoat. The kit is around $60 dollars with airbrush and one color. Colors are $16 for 4 ounces.

Mac

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
how durable are the lanyard holes to split ring marks? equal to HA?

Last edited: