My Modded C3

ptirmal

Enlightened
Hey guys, I wanted to share my most recently modded flashlight. I ordered this light as well as a MC123-HA extender from lighthound and a few extras. As soon as I got the light I had it bored out to accept 18650 cells. Meanwhile I was waiting on a KT-HA turbo head since every dealer was out, so for the time being I used it with a P91 for pretty much anything and everything.

After a long anticipated wait I finally got word from the dealer I was using that he had a KT-1 head and would swap out LA's for me, he was kind enough to let me choose the MN16 LA. I had an MN21 in the same order and I finally got everything this week.

Everything laid out:
IMG_1355.jpg

Bored out body, can fit fat 18650 cells:
IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

Lamp assemblies:
IMG_1360.jpg

Fitting the 18650's:
IMG_1361.jpg

All together:
IMG_1354.jpg

I really like this setup and I believe I'm done with this light. The one thing I wish could be better would be the HA matching on the MC123 extender compared to the rest of the light, although it's very close (especially for an aftermarket piece) it is still somewhat noticeable. The only thing I need now are some high capacity 18650's for my MN21 since the ones I have are from an old laptop battery and don't do much for that LA. Which brings me to my next question: Are these [ http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2763 ] now the highest LG cells available in 18650 form?

ptirmal

Enlightened
There's nothing special about the beamshots, just a regular MN16 in there for now... once i get some better cells I'll test out the MN21

ptirmal

Enlightened
I'll get some beamshots tomorrow night and then after I get those new LG 2600mah for the MN21

pete7226

Enlightened
Thats exactly the setup I have, I'm getting ready to send it all away for boring. Cant wait to get it back.