New Star Trek Movie Trailer LOOKS ABSOLUTELY AWSOME!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/star_trek_nemesis/large.html

OK, I am a big Star Trek fan, but if this movie is anything as good as the trailer, it is going to take Star Trek movies to a new level of excellence, adventure, intriguge, Science Fiction, and anything else!

Check this out, even if you are NOT a Star Trek fan, it will just knock your socks off!

Here is the official site:

http://nemesis.startrek.com/

I am pumped! (But alas, 7 of 9 will NOT be making a breast appearance (I mean guest appearance!)

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Took a while to download trailer--Does look good.
The outside shots, Enterprise, (Romulan?) city look more computer generated than I like but maybe on the big screen will look better.
Jeep to shuttle craft looks like a good chase.
Wonder if "Data" will be destroyed, ala Short Circuit? I look forward to January when I will probably see it as December is so busy with wreath making Etc..
Thanks for this post I wasn't aware of a new movie. Is there supposed to be a Voyager movie?
I never saw many episodes of Voyager and maybe 15 minutes of Enterprise(?). Being beyond power lines and not really wanting most of what is on TV does have its occasional drawbacks
smile.gif
Do you watch the newest Star Trek (is it called Enterprise?)? How is it?
Having seen most of Next Generation and all of Original I am amazed at the progress that was made in quality-technical and artistic. Is there as much difference between NG and Enterprise?

My brother worked on Voyager for a couple seasons, as a technician,in reference to 7 of 9 he said she was very nice, a mom with one or two children. He also mentioned more to your POINT that they had to use a blow dryer on the front of her costume when it was cold on the set.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that it took Jeri Ryan (7 of 9, now on Boston Public) like 45 minutes or so to get into that outfit.

Yes, I read that she is very personable, very nice, married and has two children, almost to nice and personable to have this "outragous" body!

Wouldn't you like to be the blow dryer operator!

When 7 of 9 was first introduced, a lot of die hard ST fans did not appreciate the T and A introduced by her character. HOWEVER, her acting and her scripts and her interpertation of her parts gave Voyager a new depth and also gained the respect of the harshest critics. Nice going Jeri Ryan!

She is like your fantasy woman, great body, nice woman, intellegent, and seems to be fun and inovative. No wonder why she is married and has kids!

Yes I watch Enterprise! I think it is a great show, and a welcome new angle on the whole ST entertainment universe. I think if they did one more episode where somebody "suddenly" comes up with an idea that if they "use the main deflector dish to emit a tachion emmission to do bla bla bla", I was going to kroak!

What blows me away with voyager, and even TNG, was that the acting and sets were great, but the scripts often "sucked!" DS9 was very good, iMH.

I think ENTERPRISE is solid acting, good entertainment, and well written, and fresh. But I do miss the 23 century!

Originally, Enterprise was supposed to be Pre-Kirk, but with a lot of time travel to the 29th century, but they (so far) have only done a lttle time travel.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh one more thing - It amazes me that the scripts so often "sucked", because there is a whole underground internet movement that writes scripts and plot lines, and PAramount gets many many many unsolicited scripts from fans.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Staying with the Star Trek theme, anyone have any details on the flashlights used on TNG and Voyager (double emitters attached to the arm).

I expect they are some sort of in house creation by the special effects wizards but they seem to have a very white beam, very much like an LED.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I used to watch Star Trek.

The British Broadcasting Corporation Channel 2 is know to cut Star Trek (and SciFi in general) from the schedule for sports such as international paint drying, full contact tiddly-winks, and cricket.

Regarding the Star Trek Movies, I like First Contact - I prefer the darker Star Trek of DS9 & Voyager. I'm looking forward to this next movie.

I stopped watching so much TV a while back. With 24 & West Wing series finished, I now watch about 2 hours a week. In contrast I go to the cinema about twice a week and watch DVDs whenever I can.

Don't you think it's interesting how many people you wouldn't perhaps expect turn up to watch Star Trek in the cinema?

Al

Spork

Enlightened
is this going to be the final movie? i thought my uncle told me they were comeing to a end.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by bmsmith:
All Good Things Must Come to an End....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm only a trekkie would get that
smile.gif

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Size15s:
I used to watch Star Trek.

The British Broadcasting Corporation Channel 2 is know to cut Star Trek (and SciFi in general) from the schedule for sports such as international paint drying, full contact tiddly-winks, and cricket.

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Speaking of BBC-- remember the show "Blake's Seven" from the 80's? I keep hoping BBCAmerica will start showing here... or that SciFi will pick it up...

Hey--- I'm now a TORCHaholic! Whoot!