Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight*MOVED*

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Far from another frivolous post, this thread may actually be of some use to us flashoholics one day -- might even save a relationship...

"It was only twenty bucks. We spend more than that at the movies"

"Well, at least I don't have forty pairs of shoes"

"I want to hear you say that when we have another blackout"

"Hey, isn't that the Publisher's Clearing House van across the street?"

Any more?

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight*MOVED*

I found it!

I got it a long time ago.......Remember?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Things To Say To Your Significant Other As You Bring Home Another Flashlight*MOVED*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Unforgiven:
I found it!

I got it a long time ago.......Remember?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haw! A classic I forgot all about!!!

duffahtolla

Newly Enlightened

"But I got it for YOU!"

This one has the advantage that it may be used repeatedly.
smile.gif

ToddM

Enlightened

Pick out something else you have that the light "matches". She'll be so impressed your fashion conscious she'll forget to be upset about the light
smile.gif

Not only that, the excuse is good for lots of lights not just one, unless they are the same color.

"The old light I had made my hips look big honey."

"I lost the other one in my breifcase."

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast

You have been "in the dark" for so long I thought this might help?

If you smile when you say this, it might work-

If you don't smile, well, maybe you will be able to store all the lights you want in what used to be her closet, her drawers etc...

Darell

Flashaholic

"Hey look at that. Along with buying this little flashlight, I've also managed to keep our daughter alive one more day."

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

"Well, there was this really great new big screen TV/amplifier/motorbike(insert appropriate extremely expensive gadget here)for only $XXXX that I was going to get, but I decided that it would be better to save money, so I got this instead"

Graham

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by duffahtolla:
"But I got it for YOU!"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uahauahuahuah.... you r right mike

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Well, it (LI) fills the gap between my minimags and the 6C dive light. OR

It's a replacement for the one I lost/loaned and didn't get back/can't get a bulb for. OR

I've got all these AA rechargeables and a Surge is the ideal light to put them in.

After all, "when the goin' gets tough the tough go shopping".

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast

What she hears.

"But you see, this light does blah, blah, blah, and blah. My other lights only do blah and
blah."

Big Tex

Enlightened

I find it best not to tell.
smile.gif
They know too much already.

Blikbok

Enlightened

My suggestion:
Buy two.

She'll eventually see how useful it is and adopt it anyway. Better to anticipate. Bonuses for engraving "His" and "Hers".

PhotonRanger

Newly Enlightened

Stop trying to apply logic - it simply clouds the issue. Bring her flowers every single week, not related to any other issue. You will be surprised how much better things go.

Size15's

Flashaholic

I find that the female can spot me telling porky pies a mile off...

The best thing to do when having to justify any purchase is say "Would you rather I spend money on drugs, alcohol, and whores?!"

Find a smallish lake/large pond, take the female there (at night using the flashlight). The pond will have lots of candles floating on it, dry-ice gently flowing across it, and in a row-boat (that you row her out into the lake with) with warm blankets, you'll have some warm red wine/spirit, and a ring/necklace/expensive metal thing with "[insert her name] - the light of [insert your name]'s life" engraved...

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tree:
What she hears.

"But you see, this light does blah, blah, blah, and blah. My other lights only do blah and
blah."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds inspired by the famous Gary Larson cartoon of a man talking to his dog named Ginger:

"Blah, blah, GINGER , blah blah, blah, blah
GINGER blah etc.

Brightnorm

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hurray for the "Ginger" cartoon... I often refer to that when talking with my significant other. Problem is, that when I talk;
she hears: "Blah blah blah blah, FLASHLIGHT blah. Blah FLASHLIGHT blah, blah, blah..."

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened

"Quick, look! What's that over there!"

[put flashlight with others while spouse looking away; flashlights all look the same to them, and if existing collection is big enough, addition of one won't be noticeable]

"sorry, never mind, it was nothing, I guess."

--Sal

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall

for me the only safe thing at this level of addiction is to hire MARINE RECON to intercept the convoy and slip the light into my hands in a crowded area in the dead of night <smilie>.

Kill-O-Zap

Enlightened

Note: for any purple bodied flashlight, or first really, really big light, recommend using other posters' suggestions, to be safe.