Orb RAW delivery issues?

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
My brother ordered me one around 18th Nov for my birthday on 23rd. He has not recieved the Orb yet (gutted :huh:)

Anyone ordered a torch recently? are there manufacturing issues??

I so cant wait to get it,

C

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
He had problems getting the chargers. Not sure what the "current" :grin2: position is.

Frank Maddix

Newly Enlightened
short1uk said:
My brother ordered me one around 18th Nov for my birthday on 23rd. He has not recieved the Orb yet (gutted :huh:)

Anyone ordered a torch recently? are there manufacturing issues??

I so cant wait to get it,

C
I don't think there are manufacturing issues. He gets held up by supply chain problems - e.g. my Raw NS was held up because of a lack of Tritium vials.
It's worth the wait. Meanwhile you can think about a suitable lanyard and holster.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
short1uk: I have a couple Orb Raws on order. I just talked with Rob and he had a delay on the nano's until the 20th. He told me as of Monday that he would need 10 more days to dispatch the order. Because of the chargers he has a decent backlog. Hang in there. If you are concerned shoot him an email. He seems like a real stand up guy. I have three on order with him and don't feel concerned yet. I'll shoot him an email dec.13th if I havn't heard from him by then. I'm assuming it won't be a problem.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
There always seems to be something to hold up Dispatching orders.
It was Nano chargers, this caused the biggest back log ever :ohgeez:
I am still working to get clear outstanding order's..

There are a bunch of orders to send Today & early next week. Conformations will be sent.
I am trying to improve dispatch times, it is difficult with this type of product & business. Sometimes i could do better.. Other times I have no control..
As always I thank everybody for there Patience.
Big :thanks:

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Ok cool, I have my new Glo Toob to play with for now its sooo bright!! Just need to find a push button top now. Only seem to be able to find packs of 3. Although I only want the push button one

Cath

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob,

I know of a way to fix the issue. Stop making such desirable toys!:lolsign: We always think we can be patient and wait, but its just too hard and our flashaholic nature wins hands down.

Nick

Vinnyp

Newly Enlightened
Well to redress the balance. Sent my NS off for an upgrade yesterday afternoon and it was shipped back to me this evening.

Great service thanks Rob
:thumbsup:

leprechaun414

Enlightened
I must also agree. If Rob did'nt make such cool things we would'nt have these problems :laughing: If it means anything, I could'nt wait to get my ORB and it was well worth the wait. Rob is one top notch guy too. If you have any questions about your order he is right there to let you know whats going on.

short1uk

Newly Enlightened
Is it not possible to ship the Orbs and then ship the nano chargers later?

God i am having torch withdrawal symptoms!!!

I use my new upgraded mag lite last night while we had an electrician round. He commented on how bright it was and how white the light was enabling him to see the wires better.
I love the 3w terrelux led for the mag lites just sooo cool!

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I got an email from Rob last week regarding my order also. He say it would take up to ten days before my order would be shipped (ordered placed on 18 Nov 2006). I'm glad that he posted here to give reassurances. I will be patient and hopefully all will receive their orders shortly.

Last edited:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hold in there.

One tip, don't buy anything else while you are waiting as it is a viscious circle. I have had up to 5 lights coming all at once and still have 4 at various stages ATM.

What am I saying, I can't even keep to my own advice! :)

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting too, but don't worry about it. The 10 days hasn't been up yet. You should get into custom knives. That will help out with the waiting. It can take anywhere from 6 months to several years to get a knife. That can be torcherous. You get used to it though. Think of it this way. A good thing, or 3 in my case, is worth waiting for.Nick

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
Rob says that an email will be sent out confirming shipping of the torch. I'm just being as patient as I can be and hope for the best.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be patient, i've heard it's worth the wait.
If it's that important you get the light earlier. You could always purchase a lithium charger from elsewhere.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would just like to add to this, I sent my Orb raw back for repair (tritium locator died) a while ago, it was returned in under a week!
Fantastic customer service.

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short1UK, What is your Real Name? Send me a email with your order details.
:thanks: