• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XX1T Turbo Module

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc mania XX1t Turbo module. These are bright :) and have a very nice white tint.

$225 Delivered (US)

sp5it

Enlightened
In becoming Cree XR era prices of those X-bins should fall down very quickly.
If Cree will be cheaper, more effecitve, less power hungry, less power wasted to produce heat etc. Maybe it will turn flashaholic world upside down? No more pricey Xbins? No more super duper magic led replacements? Who knows...
So far Cree looks strong. Stronger than K2 witch huge power consumption and heat emission can be used for boiling water :D
Mike

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
sp5it said:
In becoming Cree XR era prices of those X-bins should fall down very quickly.
If Cree will be cheaper, more effecitve, less power hungry, less power wasted to produce heat etc. Maybe it will turn flashaholic world upside down? No more pricey Xbins? No more super duper magic led replacements? Who knows...
So far Cree looks strong. Stronger than K2 witch huge power consumption and heat emission can be used for boiling water :D
Mike

First off I don't think talking about Cree vs Luxeon in someones FS thread is appropriate. Secondly you will never see a Cree in a Turbo module. The Lux3 of Lux5 barely fit through the ream of a Surefire Turbo Head reflector. The Cree package is just too big.

Mac

Mac

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Guys ... please keep the discussion of merits and flaws of the products and LEDs to the appropriate threads and forums and let us not "pollute" a sales-thread here.
Questions are fine of course, but this road will kill the thread and its purpose which osn't acceptable.
Thanx :)
bernie

Regentag

Banned
Another one bites the dust!

Your total luminous flux is getting so high you'll soon be able to carpe noctem as well. :sssh:

Well done!

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, Regentag!

(But actually, I`m using these XX1T TM`s for replacement Christmas tree lights.)

:santa:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an XX1S Tower Module and I love it as much as the day I got it. It still screams lumens and fits SF Turboheads and has a nicely reflected beam, which I'm not sure the CREE can do at the moment. Runtime is decent too, especially with primaries.

Anyway, a good part of the price of the tower module is prob the workmanship + custom circuitry, so I doubt just improvements in LED technology will cause the TH module to become 'cheap'. It's still a solid piece of craft from reputable people. (Of course I wouldn't complain if it were cheaper, then I could get more of them! Haha... esp now with the IIs coming out :D )