flupic wiring

ianb

Enlightened
flupic wiring?

I've just got a flupic(V2.2) to drive a lux III in a TnC lavalamp. I have all the where with all to wire it up but I'm not sure what goes where? Does anybody have any pictures of one wired up? or a link to some explanation? I have looked at the firmware post by goldserve showing all settings.

Also it looks as though I should hold the flupic in something solid so its heatsinked well. What should I put the flupic in, I have arctic alumina 2 part thermal adhesive is this any good?

thanks, Ian :)

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ian,

It helps to look with a magnifier. On the component side of the board you can see on the edge LED + and on the opposite side GND. The LED + goes to any positive on the star and the GND can be common for any - on the star and grounded to the screw in the module.

You want to keep your solder low profile so it doesn't stick up and prevent the reflector from seating fully for proper focus. You might coat the soldered connections (after testing to make sure it works) with nail polish so it doesn't ground unintentionally.

ianb

Enlightened
Thanks Bogus, I was going to PM you but didn't want to bother you, thanks, as for holding the pic in place what should I mount it in?

I'm guessing that mounted loose in air isn't the best way to heatsink.

TIA

Ian :)

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ian,

I'm sorry I missed that. Yes, the AA should work fine, but test everything to be sure first because it is permanent.

ianb

Enlightened
even though I asked about this back in December I still haven't used my flupic, but its going in my TnC 27 light now and driving a Seoul P4 W0 bin, once I get it all, but does anybody have a close up of their wiring/soldering of a flupic?

Bogus1's explanation was good I just want to be certain :D

thanks, Ian :)

Last edited: