Any point in buying the Fenix P1 anymore?

pilou

Enlightened
The new P1D is only five bucks more, is brighter in the highest mode, almost as bright in default mode, and has the optional low mode, and strobe+SOS.

So should we expect some nice sales on the P1 ( :grin2: )or will there be enough people who prefer the simpler P1 over the P1D, regardless of price?

Last edited:

Newuser01

Enlightened
Both are GREAT lights. D series are for geeks and most of us will still be getting the P1 for great light which IS!

Prices,,..... Hmmmm we'll just have to wait and see.

If I had money for P1 and was in the market for it, it is a no brainer.....Since for the price you can't get anything else close to it and the service from 47's IMHO!!

So ...If you want it now - get it.

If not....Well.........

Noob.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to see a simple one stage P1 Cree XR-E with between one and two hours of regulated runtime. A clicky would be a real bonus.

tron3

Banned
X Racer said:
Simple is a good thing... :grin2:

That's why I love my Fenix L0P. Simple and bright. Though, I would not have minded a two stage for the P1. Everything else is gravy.

But that is not stopping me from getting a P1D-CE :naughty:

Oh, hurry up already! :rant:

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really don't see why anyone would buy the original P1 anymore, or any Luxeon light for that matter. I see people in the Buy/Sell forums buying old technology for $100+ and I just don't know why. It's their money and they can buy whatever they want, but I'm not sure if it is the smartest move at this point.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I wanted something small. I Just bought a p1 even though I know there's the p1 d series. Mainly just got it instead cuz its smaller. I think the p1 still might be slightly bigger than I want. How long does the fenix store usually take? Its been a few days and nothing yet. Whats the advantage of going through 4 7's? seems like most people here go through him.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix-store usually takes about a week or so. People buy from 4sevens because, frankly, he rocks.

I don't think I've ever dealt with a dealer of any product who offers more personal, curteous, and considerate customer service than 4sevens.

mitch586

Newly Enlightened
"Whats the advantage of going through 4 7's?"

He has the best selection and lowest prices for Fenix lights. Shipping takes a little longer because it is USPS parcel post, but is free for you.

It would be really nice if he offered Priority Mail upgrades (for a fee of course), but I'll still shop there first.

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I was very close to getting a P1, and probably would have mentioned it as a Christmas gift hint. Glad now that I waited. I'll bet we will be seeing some deep discounts soon.

Geoff

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like small simple lights that give me a good value for the dollar spent. The P1 definitely falls into that category, and I carry mine often. If it had multiple stages or a clickie switch, I wouldn't have bought it. I consider it a worthy successor to the ARC LS lights I used to own, and a good companion to my current generation ARC AAA I carry.

-Keith

CandleLite

Newly Enlightened
The P1 ia a good light that was on the cutting edge when it came out 7 months ago. It seems that we are advancing quite quickly in development of newer, smaller, brighter and multi - featured lights.

I don't have a long history in flashlights but it seems like development generations are happening within 3-6 months. If you already have a few good current LEDs it would probably be worth it to wait a few months to see what develops.

I am trying to hold off for a AA Cree at a reasonable off the shelf price. Hope I have the willpower. My $.02 :candle:

fleegs

Enlightened
Not for me but for friends and new people getting into lights- Yes.

I can handle complex but others can not. On - Off is what they like.

rob