Night Hikes in the Bay Area..

Chuck289

Enlightened
Are there any trails/parks etc. in the South/east SanFran Bay area to go hiking at night? I'm in Milpitas and im lookin for places to go hiking with my lights at night.

Kusa

Newly Enlightened
Most East Bay Regional parks lock the gate to their parking lots between 5 and 6. However the park curfew is from 10pm till 5am. Mission peak is most likely the closest EBRP to you. You can legally park a block away (about a quarter mile) and walk up to the park. The main trail can be quite steep though there is plenty of space low down as well. Garrin/Pioneer Dry Creek is located off Mission blvd in Hayward. There are a couple of entrances off public streets to that park as well. I've been hiking in both parks after the gates were locked, parking my car legally outside the park, and haven't had a problem while doing so. EBRP do have Rangers living in the parks, and Curfew is enforced. With Standard time in effect you should have plenty of time to enjoy a nice hike however. Here is a link to the map page on their website if your interested in going for a hike in one of their parks.

A note of caution, I have heard on a couple of occasions of cars being broken into while people were hiking in Mission Peak Park. If you do decide to go there, do not park along Stanford (the road leading to the park from Mission) it is heavily marked no parking, and it's enforced.

Last edited: