Maybe NFL fans can answer this..

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was looking at local TV schedule for tonight's game of Baltimore against Cincy and I don't see it listed at local stations nor ESPN. So I go to ESPN online and check the schedule and it says the game is on "NFL". What is NFL, is it a pay extra cable channel? I looked at my local cable channel guides and I don't see it listed there as well. I'm bummin' too as it is a good matchup.

Last edited:

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
not really for sure but down here in kansas i think there is actually a nfl channel we dont have to pay extra it is a channel that is by espn, espn2, espnclassic, but our channel is around them channels.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
NFL Channel, their own cable station. Exclusive NFL content for the last couple years. I hear it's pretty good, but I don't use cable so I wouldn't know.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was played on ABC for brodcast TV. My local cable also had it on a ABC affiliate brodcast channel, with the NFL logo shown. I was confused when I left work(cable) and went to my womans house(antenna), and didn't think it was being aired on brodcast TV, but it was.
But yeah, it was on ABC.
And it Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked........... :(:mad::rant::thumbsdow
Complete 180 from last week's game against Pittsburg.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The game wasn't being aired on regular TV in Chicago... which was good, cause I was real pissed to see that Baltimor's kicker only had ONE extra point, and a MISSED field goal... not good for my fantasy team!!

9volt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time Warner cable doesn't offer NFL Channel and if you've got them, you might not be able to get games that broadcast on the NFL Channel unless you are in an immedaite local market. I think there is another provider that doesn't get NFL Channel. Google can tell you for sure.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not on ABC in mine (Comcast, greater Boston) area and no NFL channel offering either. I don't even see it in the premium channel lineup.

swampgator

Enlightened
I was listening to the radio this morning (Lex & Terry Show) and they were talking about it with their sports guy, who is local to my area.

Apparently the NFL wants their channel to be a premium channel ala HBO. They're not content to have it as just an add on to a package deal. Currently, as stated above, it's free on the Dish network, although few traditional cable providers offer it.

The sports guy thinks the NFL is screwing the pooch on this, because if they prosist they'll only have die hard NFL fans. But it they let it go as a regular channel they attract more viewers.

I only saw the last 2 minutes. Still not used to the idea of pro football on Thursday nights.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to my local Haverhill Comcast listing, there is no ch. 265 but I thought I heard in advertising something about it being an on demand channel?

I hate the cable company with a passion, mainly because I am a slave to them. My condo association won't let us put dishes out so I can't have satellite but I am sure hoping Verizon FIOS will hit the area soon and offer a more competitive TV package them Comcast cable offers. In fact I'm going to start a separate thread on this.

Manzerick said:
channel 265 in Boston :)

swampgator

Enlightened
geepondy said:
According to my local Haverhill Comcast listing, there is no ch. 265 but I thought I heard in advertising something about it being an on demand channel?

I hate the cable company with a passion, mainly because I am a slave to them. My condo association won't let us put dishes out so I can't have satellite but I am sure hoping Verizon FIOS will hit the area soon and offer a more competitive TV package them Comcast cable offers. In fact I'm going to start a separate thread on this.

On-demand is a pay per view thing. On Cox cable for a ballgame it can be pretty expensive. I think the Gator games that aren't on networks are like $30 a pop. But we haven't bought one in a few years, so I could be wrong.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear that..I'm waiting for FIOS too!

Do you have digital cable? I'm in Saugus and can't get enougth NFL channel :)

Their on Demand is unreal too! It has the condenced games and shorts.

GO PATS!!! (ok, I had to get it in once lol)

geepondy said: