• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Correct Photos -- LeefBodies in SF C-C form

Leef

Enlightened
A teaser -- 18mm (18500, 1x18650, 2x18650) LeefBodies in several lengths, using SF C tailcap switches and SF C heads, are in production. Should be on the market around Xmas. :naughty:

Who said there's no Santa Claus?

Last edited:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: LeefBodies in SF C-C form

'tis going to be a very Merry Holiday season 'round here! :)

Leef

Enlightened

These bodies are now in production for these batteries: 1x 18500, 1x 18650 and 1.5x 18650. They'll be sold by Lighthound (a great guy to deal with) at $55, $60 and $64, respectively. They'll be available in HA black or natural, with both o-rings. If the CNC shop keeps to its schedule, these will be available in late January (sorry about missing Xmas -- I'm gonna go kick an elf right now :scowl:).

vacuum3d

Enlightened

"1.5x 18650"? What battery configuration is this intended for? Your first post says you're making some 2x 18650, is that still gonna happen?

thx

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Leef said:
If the CNC shop keeps to its schedule, these will be available in late January (sorry about missing Xmas -- I'm gonna go kick an elf right now :scowl:).

Don't you love working on Machine Shop time?

MM

Leef

Enlightened

Photos? You got 'em!

img7512we2.jpg

img7518wc7.jpg

These are prototypes, of course.

I hope you guys like them! :D

pete7226

Enlightened

Are the 2x18650 still in the works as stated in your first post?

Leef

Enlightened

Pete, it looks like this is going to happen. :rock:Stay tuned.

Last edited:

PhantomZ

Enlightened

so basicly this is like the 6P? is the outside body diameter the same as the 6P or a few mm thicker? cause i know there are some 6Ps that are bored out to fit the fatter batteries and i was thinking that it will make it weaker and more prone to be crushed or dented in the middle, say maybe you sat on it.

Leef

Enlightened

Good news, guys! Due to your persistence, we're making 2x18650 C-C LeefBodies! :grin2: They'll be available in black and natural.

As to the tube wall thickness, anything can be damaged, but the wall thickness is very adequate (over .100", as I remember). The thinnest -- weakest -- point is the o-ring groove in the tail, where the wall thickness is ~.023".

I was concerned about this so I turned a tube from an unknown, most likely weaker, aluminum alloy (my guess is 2024) with the same i.d. and groove depth, and I broke it. I really had to work at it, using a cheater and a vice. So I doubt anyone will break these tubes, short of running them over on a hard surface, or other such abuse.

YMMV.

pete7226

Enlightened

Any estimate on when they will be available? (2x18650) I could use 1 black and 1 in HA.