Coiled end-caps and Inova lights

Ledz

Newly Enlightened
Currently I've got a G2 with a tacstar coiled pressure switch. Its been really good to me, but now I'm looking to get rid of the G2 and put in a LuxIII burner. I don't really wanna go with a G2-led-drop-in because I don't think they have good, if any, regulation (I could be wrong). So what I need is a LuxIII flashlight, with a 1" diameter body, AND compatibility with tacstar endcap; which I understand fits a lot of lights.

I came across the inova XO3 or T3 (flashlight reviews kinda has them dead even spec wise.) And was wondering if you guys happen to know if the above mentioned Inova lights can accept those endcaps?

OR, while I have your attention, maybe you can recommend a different light?

Last edited:

z96Cobra

Enlightened
I don't have any info about your tailcap, but the XO3 and the T3 are basically the same light with just a couple of differences. The T3 is "checkered" (for good grip) where the XO3 has a smooth finish. The T3 has a "clickie" tailcap, and the XO3 is a momentary push/twistie tailcap. I love my T3 and I even EDC it on my belt. :rock:

Roger

Ledz

Newly Enlightened
coolio.

Frys Electronics has the X03 for like 54 bucks. I suppose I could buy it and see if my tail cap fits it and return it if it doesn't. The X03 has an opening in the packaging to "push-to-see-the-light" in the store. It was so weak I was really turned off. But I'm sure it was prolly due to sucky batteries and every other customer pushing it too.

I don't think there is a significantly better, 3-watt regulated LED burner for 50ish bucks…right?

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Huntlight FT-01 is an amazing LED 3W light for $30. It outputs more than the X03/T3 and provides useful spill. I doubt it will fit the tailcap tho as the tailcap on the Huntlight is designed such that the outter portion of the tailcap is thread (reverse of other tailcaps). JSBurlys.com carries the Huntlight.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
The Surefire G2 and Inova X03 are threaded differently. I tried putting a G2 tailcap on an Inova X03 and it won't work because of the different threads:

SurefireG2vsInovaX03TailcapThreads.jpg

Also, due to the difference in the battery clearance from the lip of the battery holder:

SurefireG2vsInovaX03BatteryClearanc.jpg

Ledz

Newly Enlightened
deranged_coder said:
The Surefire G2 and Inova X03 are threaded differently. I tried putting a G2 tailcap on an Inova X03 and it won't work because of the different threads:

SurefireG2vsInovaX03TailcapThreads.jpg

Also, due to the difference in the battery clearance from the lip of the battery holder:

SurefireG2vsInovaX03BatteryClearanc.jpg

Dang. Thanks so much for the definitive answer.

back to square one I guess :(.

Well, i guess I could start a new thread, but I'll ask here anyways. Any idea on a 3watt burner whose body accepts G2-like tailcaps?