lost & found

Goldmatch45

Newly Enlightened
Hello to you all, Great forum. I was looking for way to help me keep up with my flashlights. I did a search here and could not find anything to help me. So I'm posting and hoping this is not an old topic. I can keep up with most things but wanted some sort of safety net in case I did lose a light away from home. I decided to print out some very small notes that said "$ IF RETURED 901-276-6969" and slip them in with the battery. I don't know if it will help or not but figured it was worth a shot. Have any of you folks use this method or one like it to any success? If not feel free to give it a try. You can copy & past my phone # so you can put it on your note to put in your light.
Thanks for your input
popcorn.gif

Norm

Retired Administrator
Good idea but why your phone number and not my own?
Norm

Sorry I forgot to say welcome to CPF. :)

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF!

That's a good idea, wish I'd thought of it before I lost my L2T yesterday
awman.gif

Excuse me now while I go print out some little pieces of paper.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
This topic has been brought up before, it was quite a while ago though. There are honest people out there, so this method does have potential..
I keep a $100 bill in my EDC, not only does it lessen the chance of losing it (theoretically) but it also lessens the chance of someone returning it if I did actually lose it...

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I've been doing this for a while in all of my lights, actually. Inside the battery compartment is a small sheet of paper with my name, phone number and email address. Could be useful if you lose your light and you are fortunate enough to find someone honest enough to want to return it to you.

Goldmatch45

Newly Enlightened
Hey folks, I knew it was to good of an idea for me to be the first to have it. After I posted I thought to add my email address to the sheet.
Thanks for the welcome

msm1018

Newly Enlightened
I would be worried with the heat generated by the bulb catching the paper on fire, then having the cells blow up in hand!

mchlwise

Enlightened
Good idea.

I think, though, that I'm going to use some bright colored paper, to make sure it gets seen if it doesn't come out with the battery.

Or, use a sticky note posted on the battery.

:whistle:

Topper

Flashaholic*
Goldmatch45 , if that is your real phone number you might want to edit your post and change it to BR549. No telling whom or what time somebody gives you a call collect from the other side of the world.
Topper :)

Goldmatch45

Newly Enlightened
Topper said:
Goldmatch45 , if that is your real phone number you might want to edit your post and change it to BR549. No telling whom or what time somebody gives you a call collect from the other side of the world.
Topper
smile.gif

It's not my # in the post. It belongs to a ******* @ work. Call him anytime!

Now, If this help just one light make it back to its true owner. I will feel like this has been time well spent. I do hope it works for them all though.

take care

BrighTor

Newly Enlightened
Anther idea might be to print up some small mailing labels and stick those to the batteries...less room taken up that way in some already tightly-packed lights.