flashlight addiction Justified at last!

jhawkins1

Newly Enlightened
After months of joking and kidding at my expense my GF finally had to accept my obsession!.......

The power went off this morning.

While she was in the tub! It was crazy dark, overcast day, well before dawn!

She wasn't long yelling for a flashlight! I just reached over to the nightstand and turned on the RR Lantern, picked up a couple of flashlights off the dresser and started lighting up the world!

I didn't even have to use an "I told you so", she already knew!

Smiling happily,
Jeff

cutlerylover

Banned
lol, sweet sweet victory...lol, I am new to flashlights myself but when the dogs have to go out at night I get the "hey why don't you take out the dogs with one of your fancy powerfull lights"...lol...but you guys all understand...Some people just don't appreciate the little things in life..

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Last night I also had a real need for a light. Half of a Christmas light string on the front of the house went out. Had to crawl up the ladder and take it partly down and start checking for a loose bulb. Thankfully I soon found it and fixed it with the help of my mouth-held Civictor.

Geoff

tron3

Banned
I've only dealt with minimal power losses in the past year. Sometimes lasting seconds, other times a few minutes. What a tease! :rant:

jhawkins1

Newly Enlightened
tron3 said:
I've only dealt with minimal power losses in the past year. Sometimes lasting seconds, other times a few minutes. What a tease! :rant:

You know you have it bad when you are jealous that someone else had their power go out!

Whitelitee

Newly Enlightened
We lost power the other day for about 3 hours, but It was in the early afternoon.:rant: Man thats the worse

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Victory. :D

For us, a power outage means it will come about 2-4 P.M. during the summer when it's 90+. :( As a kid I only remember two occasions of an evening power outage. I just turn the lights in the house off and grab a flashlight to pretend.

TwoGuns

Newly Enlightened
It's always nice to hear people who ask why you have so many flashlights realize they need one and ask to borrow yours.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
Luckily I haven't had to justify owning flashlights to my wife for very long. We've only been married for 2 years and we've already been in many situations where a flashlight has come in handy. She understands my need for quality flashlights to have around the house. She also understands my need to have very good lighting equipment when I go on mountaineering trips. She has seen the difference between a Surefire and a Maglite. You can actually see things with higher quality flashlights.

Rando

Enlightened
She recognizes my need to buy yet another flashlight, and I recognize the need for her to buy yet another pair of shoes. She still has me outnumbered by far.