Update those profiles! :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Every now and again, I go in and check my CPF user profile, and I'm always finding something out of date on it.

Might not be a bad idea to check yours and make any necessary updates - maybe your favorite light changed, your favorite manufacturer & dealer, interests & hobbies, your job (or lack thereof), your location tagline (can contain more than just your city & state), even throw in a picture of yourself. It doesn't necessarily have to be of you, but that's what the space is for. Finally, just take a quick second to check to see that all of your board settings are where you want them to be.

smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Good idea... but I also need to throw in a word of caution: Just yesterday I managed to ban myself from the board by fooling with my profile. I changed my email address, and that was the last time I got to post until Sasha bailed me out. What is *supposed* to happen when you change your email address is that a new password is emailed to your new address. You then take that info, log in, and change your PW to whatever you want. Well, the email never came. Still hasn't. Don't know what the problem might have been, but I'd be a wee bit leery of changing your email address right now.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
It happened to me also. David said that mindspring email addresses did not work well with the system for some reason. There might be others with problems.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get the same weird problem when I log on using Juno. I can receive emails, but not send them to certain addresses (including all Juno ones!).

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hey, I got the same thing when I first joined -- I registered and NEVER received a password for like several weeks. So I thought this might be a "closed shop" kind of thing, open only to the seriously addicted Flashoholics ("but I am one, I AM one!!!") I kept e-mailing...)

And finally one day, for some unknown reason, the heavens opened and the password flew down...

And it's been all downhill ever since.