Who is color blind here?

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
I learned recently, while passing a vision test, that I am color blind a little. If we beleive statistics, 1 men out of 12 is color blind and 1 out of 200 women is color blind. In this test http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html I can clearly see the 25 and the 56 and hardly the 29 (I see more 20 than 29). Is anyone else color blind here? :p

Some other tests:
http://colorvisiontesting.com/online test.htm#demonstration card
(here I see the fist circle, star and square, I see only the square in card 1, the circle in card 2 and I don't see the boat)

http://colorvisiontesting.com/what colorblind people see.htm
(this one is very interesting, in the circles, I very hardly see the number 2. I would say that the first one and the second one on each row looks the same, but the 3rd one has some difference with colors. With the pictures, I clearly see the differences (I can see the red in the first one))

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm moderately color blind when it comes to greens and reds. Not nearly bad enough to get in the way of seeing traffic lights, but the little color-shifting LEDs on battery chargers and the like are very hard for me to figure out.

On the first test I can clearly see the 25, barely (really hard) the 56 and 8, and none of the others.

On the second test I see the all three demo shapes, only the square in card 1, the circle in card 2, and no boat in 3.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everybody can see the 25, right? Other's are not or barely distinguishable to me but I have what they suspect is a retinal problem. Reading color coded resistors is killing me now at work. I have to put them under a microscope so the bands are real big so the browns will be distinguished from the reds, etc.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank God my wife picks out my clothes or else I would look pretty blah. I have a hard time telling if the LEDs on my battery chargers are red or green.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oddjob, I do so now, particularly the small leds. I work in an electronics environment and one of pcbs I frequently work on, has a red/green led and it's important to know what color it is so I take my magnifier and blow it up real big so it's easier for me to tell.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everyone can see the 25. Here I have problems seeing the difference between light green and yellow. No problem with red. I noticed once, with low light situation that I could not see the difference between an amber traffic light and a red one, looking at them beeing on the side of them (LED traffic light so on the side so you don't see much light since the light almost all get out in front).

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow had no idea so many were color blind. Red/green is a big difference on battery chargers!! I can make out so many subtle color changes, hear high frequencies and see low frequencies strobing. Sometimes it's nice but other times I wish I didn't get bothered by 60hz and 75hz monitors so badly, or hear the annoying sounds that others can't!!

But my vision I'm glad is good as my other senses when it comes to colors. Now if only my eyes could focus 20/20 on their own...

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
phew, i am not color blind!

i though it was rare until i saw the statistics.

on a side note, i use 60hz on my lcd screen, 70hz makes my head spin a little after awhile.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here I see the clearly the 2 with the 5 very very very lightly! Remember, there are different levels of color blindness! I could say that I'm more affected with subtle color tints that looks the same than with clear color changes (difficulty to tell the difference with say, light green/yellow, some tint of blue/gray, etc).

Led_Blind said:
I must be odd. In this link http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html under "Another interesting color blindness test is below" i see BOTH the 5 and the 2. The 5 is much more apparent, the 2 is an anoying shadow.

Crazy me

Kinnza

Enlightened
We are four brother, and all are color blind in any degree, its genetic.

Its caused by a reduced levels of one or both color's detectors in retina. Usually people affected has reduced sensibility to red/green or to blue/yellow, from only a little to total insensibility (very rare, but my wife's brother is fully blind to red, he dont distinguish red at all).

Daltonics usually see all the colors, but have a reduced capacity to distinguish tones. Personally, i only distinguish a few brown tones, far less than normal people.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't know anything about colorblindness till I got out of the USAF. In my field if you were colorblind you couldn't get into my afsc, so I didn't meet one till I had been out for 3 or 4 years and they put this guy to work painting lift trucks, the paint cans had the color or variations of those colors and he was OK but forget doing any electrical troubleshooting every wire looked just alike.

gessner17

Enlightened
One vote here, I can only see the 25, If I blur my eyes, I can see a partial 56. I have red and green weekness pretty bad. I've known I was color blind since I was a kid. I wanted to do telcom wiring but alas, I really can't tell any of the stripes apart on those 50 twisted pair wires, so I'm useless in that community. I also can't tell when led's are red or green....on chargers and what not. My brother is also color blind.

Last edited:

MorePower

Enlightened
I can see the 25 very clearly and can see parts of the others in some cases (29 looks like 20, the 8 looks like a 5). I can tell the 45 and the 56 have different colors which should be something, but wouldn't have any close guesses. My mom is colorblind, so it was guaranteed that I would be, too.

I've got lots of black and gray clothes, just to make my life easier.:grin2:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Cool, I can see all the correct numbers or shapes in the tests. But working around electronics all the time, color acuity is pretty important. The one test was interesting to see how people that are color blind would see the same pictures.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
(for those who didn't get the joke in my last post: I'm not color blind,
I'm Venetian blind, and duckblind.. har har.

..a friend didn't know what a duckblind was, I explained to her (blond) it was a camoflaged shack that duck hunters hid in... all clear?

...apologies..)