Jetbeam vrs Fenix

HowieG

Newly Enlightened
I just found a website offering a Jetbeam Jet 1 MK II and it looks like a really nicely made light. It offers all of the same A only, 2AA and CR123 tube options like the Fenix models but does not state lumen ratings.

The Fenix L1T and L2T also look like really great lights (I just pre ordered a P1D CE) with a similar good build quality and similar tube options for AA batteries only.

Does anyone own both lights and which do you favor... and why? I'm especially interested in getting a combination of very high light output AND quality construction.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Traglite

Newly Enlightened
I got a jet beam MKII 3 days ago and the thing is awesome. Its a well built light. I also have a 2 Fenix P1s, and like them a lot too. I would say the Jetbeam feels way more solid in the hand. Better construction and machining. The P1 is brighter, but I think I go to the Jetbeam more, maybe just cause it new. I don't have any other fenixs...yet

havand

Enlightened
Traglite said:
I got a jet beam MKII 3 days ago and the thing is awesome. Its a well built light. I also have a 2 Fenix P1s, and like them a lot too. I would say the Jetbeam feels way more solid in the hand. Better construction and machining. The P1 is brighter, but I think I go to the Jetbeam more, maybe just cause it new. I don't have any other fenixs...yet

You should try running a protected 14500 lithium rechargeable or 2xAA. Much brighter :)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
havand said:
You should try running a protected 14500 lithium rechargeable Much brighter :)

Unbelievable how much brighter. My "Jetbeam Clone" with the 14500 appears as bright as the high setting on my SF L2.

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cost of the latest jet beam 2 x AA? I haven't actually priced these. I have an L2T which I find to be excellent but am not familiar with the jetbeam range.

x2x3x2

Banned
Have u considered the Lumapower LM30x series of lights? The recent improvements make these pretty good contenders in my opinion.

Check them out in the manufacturers section.

hburner

Enlightened
LuxLuthor said:
Unbelievable how much brighter. My "Jetbeam Clone" with the 14500 appears as bright as the high setting on my SF L2.

where did you get this light? If the price is right I would like to have one of it can compete with the SF L2 on high!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jetbeam MK11 on a 14500 is awesome but it didn't light up like my L2 on high!! The Jetbeam is really a neat little light that is well made and has 3 levels, I use mine on low 95% of the time as that is what suits my needs.

HowieG

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for answering my question.

If you think that the L2T is brighter, I'll wait until Fenix releases a cree version and that would definitely be the way to go. Can't help but wonder however how long that will take.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
HowieG said:
Thanks for answering my question.

If you think that the L2T is brighter, I'll wait until Fenix releases a cree version and that would definitely be the way to go. Can't help but wonder however how long that will take.

l2t is brighter than jetbeam on alkalines, but apparently on rechargables, the jetbeam puts out 70+ lumens.

-David

HowieG

Newly Enlightened
Alkalines would work. I like the idea of being able to drop in fresh cells in the field and not having to worry about managing the flow of rechargables.

Dan C

Enlightened
I don't have a comparable Fenix, but I just completed a runtime test on my Jetbeam MkII with a protected 14500. On medium, it went about 45 minutes before shutting down, and it got hotter than hell. I had it sitting on a wet washrag, but when I put an icecube on the bezel it melted it immediately, and the light meter reading went shooting up.....It was twice as bright as a Nimh on high.

The brightness is ridiculous on the 14500, I was stunned. But for my uses, I believe I'll stick to Duracell 2650's and nearly 2 hours on the high setting.....and still plenty bright.

The Jetbeam is a *really* nice light. Can't wait to receive my Jetbeam AAA day after tomorrow.

Dan C