13.5 - 15 volt power source for television

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The S.A. where I work recently came across a cool little 5' color TV that can also be used as a system monitor. They are looking for a power source that can step range from 13.5 to 15v. Or, power sources that are 13.5 and 15v respectively. I suggested Radio Shack which did not net a good result. Could one of you give me a direction to give my co-worker?

Brock

Flashaholic
Really any automotive, marine, RV or maybe even camping type store should have a 120vac to 12vdc converters. Just take a look at how much power the small TV wants to make sure the supply can handle it.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your time on this Brock. Apparently this co-worker believes his little TV wants exactly 13.5v when used as a TV and exactly 15v when used as a monitor because it has two separate jacks. But I'll let him know your suggestion. I'm thinking that you are right; that 12v would power it just fine.He watched me post this at work and seemed pretty interested in CPF. He's a pretty respectful critter or I would not have shown him the site.

Evan

Enlightened
I've got a regulated 15 volt, 40 watt laptop supply I'll sell you for $5 or $10. In fact I have a few. Comes out to a fairly large diameter co-ax plug with about a 2.5mm center hole. Takes a standard PC power cord on the other side. 100-250 volts AC, 47-63Hz. About 3x5x1.5" send a PM if you're interrested.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Thanks Evan. I'll tell him Fri. Or, better yet, show him the response. I told him these folks were amazingly helpful.

Latest posts