When will Mag release a factory LED Solitaire?

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
I tried a search and did not readily see a thread about when we can expect stores to be selling Mag SOLITAIRES with LED...

Is there any information about this floating around out there? Reliable information?

Thanks!

Burgess

Flashaholic
I think you will find that Mag Instruments

moves about as fast as molasses in wintertime.

yellowlaugh.gif

gorn

Enlightened
whippoorwill said:
I have a couple of these and they work pretty good if you have some old unused Solitaires laying around. I did and they have been resurrected as useful lights, now.

Gave one to my budding flashaholic daughter.

I agree. I got a couple of these from Lighthound. My reaction to them was WOW! I gave one to a buddy of mine, he couldn't believe how much brighter they are then the incan bulb. It made my decades old solitaire useful again.

But it effected my buddy like marijuana. It was a gateway light. Now he's hooked. He's going for the hard stuff like Inova, Arc and Surefire.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
peacefuljeffrey said:
I tried a search and did not readily see a thread about when we can expect stores to be selling Mag SOLITAIRES with LED...

Is there any information about this floating around out there? Reliable information?

Thanks!

From the response I got from them some months back, I'd say never.
I had asked about a 1xAA version with maybe a 1 watt Lux and they referred to the 1 watt as being "retro-technology." So I don't really see them stuffing a 3 watter into a solitaire....
They even advised me to look into TerraLux drop-ins from FlashlightKing.com.

Probably best to look into Fenix if you're needing a 1xAAA sized light, because unless Mag plans to adopt Cree LEDs newer technology sometime down the road, I just don't see a solitaire happening.
And they stated there are no future plans for one.

InfidelCastro

Banned
There is so much dust behind the reflector of my new Solitaire, which can't be cleaned out, that I question whether the bulb is actually not putting out twice as much as it appears to be.
yellowlaugh.gif

This makes me question the wisdom of putting an LED in there instead of just buying a new AAA LED light.

The solitaire on a fresh battery is just about the perfect amount of light for some tasks, so I keep it.

ps56k

Enlightened
I wonder how the Sol upgrade would compare to a Photon coin light ?
A long time ago, I swapped my keyring Sol for a X-Light from Photon, and love it...

InfidelCastro

Banned
ps56k said:
I wonder how the Sol upgrade would compare to a Photon coin light ?

My guess is not very favorably to either the Photon Freedom or the cheap $.50 coin cell lights that use two 2016's like the Fauxton.