Gasoline Reimbursement

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Is there anywhere on the Candlepower Forum I can submit some bills for gasoline I burned in my Suburban as a direct result of being a forum member?

Awhile back, I drove to five (5) Radio Shacks in direct response to the post about the little two-AA light for $2.95.

Then, the past couple of days, I've driven to four (4) CVS stores, in search of the $5 lithium AA four pack.

I sincerely think there some be some sort of way for me to recoup the cost of gasoline.

By-the-by, whom do I bill for the dollar I lost on each of the eight (8) Radio Shack flashlights I purchased at $2.95, only to log back on a couple of days later and find the price was now under two dollars.

I don't mind paying for the flashlights I'm accumulating, but I think you guys should shoulder some of the expense for me driving all over Central Illinois in search of something y'all told me about.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stoped at a CVS on the way to work for the low priced lithium AA's and they did not even carry any. I did see some Energizer e series for $5.49 a four pack. I'll try another CVS on the way home tonight.

Brock

Flashaholic
Uh Oh, wait till Darell find out your driving around town in a Suburban looking for batteries. Wait, I have an idea, say they were for you Arc flashlight!

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah, yikes. I've been sitting here speachless. Thanks for the segue (almost spelled it segway since that's the only way I usually write it lately), Brock.

Man, burning gasoline to look for batteries!? I guess that is as odd as me burning electrons looking for gasoline.

The only way I can reimburse you is by sending you some Safeway certificates for "free gasoline" that I keep getting. Haven't used one yet - on principle alone...

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
>>gasoline to look for batteries

Ah, but not just any batteries, the fabled CVS "4-pack of Lithium AA's for $5.??" batteries. Been to four CVS's so far ... I know they're out there and I will find them!

Darell, man, I'm finding out that lately, I'm spending my grocery money on flashlights!

You must be a rich dude to collect flashlights AND buy groceries at Safeway! If I had a Safeway in the area, I'd take your free gas coupons ... that way I could allocate my monthly gasoline budget to buying more flashlights.

PS Don't tell my wife that I hocked her curlers yesterday to get some money for those fabled $5.?? four-pack of lithiums AA's, ok? She already thinks I've got a problem!

Darell

Flashaholic
You find me some AA Li's for 1.25 each, and I'll leave the gas guzzler alone, AND I won't tell your wife a thing. I might even buy you some groceries.

Still, I think I'd let my fingers do the walking before I drove all over the place.

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Several folks in another thread on CPF said they were buying Lithium AA 4-packs at a drugstore chain called CVS for $5 and change.

I've been to four CVS's so far, with no luck.

But, as I said, if I start figuring in the cost of my gasoline and time ....

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just stopped at my local CVS on the way home from work. They don't have the Energizer L91 lithium's at any price.

leddite

Enlightened
Originally posted by I_rv_too:
Is there anywhere on the Candlepower Forum I can submit some bills for gasoline I burned in my Suburban as a direct result of being a forum member?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">wow, with that kind of environmental impact, i hope you're recycling, using rechargable batteries, and solar too :>

get yourself a VW TDI for flashlight hunting; 50 MPG :> or a motorycle (more fun!)

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Second CVS. No L91's at all. It is not a stock item. They did have Energizer 123's for $13.99 a two pack. I did not buy them, needless to say.

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by leddite:
or a motorycle (more fun!)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">More fun, for sure. But also much bigger environmental impact. But I digress...

Has anybody, in the history of the CVS stores, ever actually found these mystery Li's? Or is this one of those CPF myths that I keep hearing about? Like the one where Craig has a toilet fettish...

Saaby

Flashaholic
It helps when you don't have a car (The built in grin isn't big enough, so imagine your own)

leddite

Enlightened
quoi? what environmental impact?

Originally posted by darell:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by leddite:
or a motorycle (more fun!)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">More fun, for sure. But also much bigger environmental impact. But I digress...

Has anybody, in the history of the CVS stores, ever actually found these mystery Li's? Or is this one of those CPF myths that I keep hearing about? Like the one where Craig has a toilet fettish...
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Darell

Flashaholic
Thought I've never heard of "CVS" they MUST have telephones, yes?

Of course I've been frustrated more times than I can count with the "oh yeah, we have those" comments - only to find out they didn't even bother to check. I usually then ask that the employee I spoke with personally deliver the product when it does come back into stock. Hasn't worked yet though.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darell, Just to let you know that I'm doing my part, I'm only stopping at stores that are on my way to and from work. As it is a 50 mile drive one way, there are alot of places that I can look at.

By I_rv_too.:
Several folks in another thread on CPF said they were buying Lithium AA 4-packs at a drugstore chain called CVS for $5 and change.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The only folk I saw was Geoff in Philly. If we can't find any local, we can raid his stock.

Darell

Flashaholic
Dana -

Uh! 50 miles? I don't know how you do it. Sounds like the perfect use for an EV though. I mean if you could actually get one in Alabama
frown.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
How I do it? The first 25 miles are rural roads, so little traffic at 05:30 AM and the last part is Interstate 65 that goes from four lanes to six. One hour trip. God willing and the creek don't rise, I do a repeat at 3:00PM and that part takes 1 1/4 hours.

The local power company has a fleet of EV's. They must be around somewhere. Can one drive 100+ miles on one charge?