need some advice

thedawn

Newly Enlightened
hi there,need ur help in finding a led flashlight, for 40$-50$,white light,somthing good and strong,in the size of the inova x5,wanted to buy the inova,what do u have to say?there r many opinions about it and i want to b sure as much as i can, can any tell me how many lumens does it delivers?and give me some good alternative.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello thedawn and welcome to CPF:)

The inova X5 is a well build and robust light. It depends on your tasks (please tell them us) for the light, but it only has 5mm Leds, needs 2 (expensive for the brightness in this case) CR123 cells and can not be run with recheargeables (so no free lumens).

I'm a fan of the Luxeon based lights (perhaps Cree's in the future:whistle:).

In this category are many many other well build lights with much more output, different brightness levels, different batterie configurations.....

Take a look to the Fenix lights ie.

Best regards

_____
Tom

thedawn

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the answer,well im looking for a strong,small flashlight that brings as many lumens as possible, most of my tasks r outdoor so i need 1 that shoot as far as possible and last as much as possible without batteries replace, and all this for 40$-50$, i know ,i know its too much to ask in 1 flashlight and thats why im asking here to find the best compromise.thanks.:)

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
I would second the Fenix suggestion. The L2T comes in at under $50, uses standard AA batteries and sounds like it may be what you are looking for. The Inova X5 is a goood light but has a flood type beam without much throw. You can get a lot of info from www.flashlightreviews.com.

A good source for fenix lights is www.fenix-store.com

Some key points in deciding:
  • Beam type (flood or spot) Many provide a tight beam yet have sidespill so it doesn't look like a searchlight.
  • Battery life - which is more important, output or runtime?
  • Physical size - do you want to attach it to your keychain or toss it in your car?
  • Battery type - AA, AAA, CR123, Rechargeables?
  • Multiple output levels - many lights provide multiple output levels to allow for greater runtime/output.

Last edited:

thedawn

Newly Enlightened
hey guys,sorry to bug u, what is SL PP Lux 4AA? is that the name of the model?the company? sorry for my "knowlegless".thanks again.:awman:

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon 4AA Usually referred to as SL PP Lux or some other variation here on CPF. Excellent light, extremely bright for a LuxI, and very impressive runtime.

Check out www.flashlightreviews.com for a review.

The best place to order from in my opinion is Fox International.
www.fox-intl.com

Last edited:

whippoorwill

Enlightened
garageguy said:
Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon 4AA Usually referred to as SL PP Lux or some other variation here on CPF. Excellent light, extremely bright for a LuxI, and very impressive runtime.

Check out www.flashlightreviews.com for a review.

The best place to order from in my opinion is Fox International.
www.fox-intl.com

You can also find them on Ebay very reasonable. If you are persistent you should be able to get one for $25, shipped.

You will not be disappointed in this light. Garageguy is right on target.

thedawn

Newly Enlightened
ok guys,first of all thanks a lot,learnd a lot from u,second, i narrow my options to two,the #Streamlight PROPOLYMER® 4AA LED or the #Fenix L2T ,can u give me ur for and oppose opinions for those two flashlights.

*hardened
*water resistant/waterproof
*lumens output
*batteries(burning time)
and anything else u can think of.
tnx.
thedawn.:twothumbs :thanks:

Gaffle

Enlightened
Personally, I guess I would go with the Streamlight. The Fenix has the Streamlight beat when it comes to size, but the Streamlight is really bright with a longer run time.

Check out the Streamlight Runtime Plot. It has good regulation for over 4 hours with NiMh. That is pretty badass.
Check out Streamlight Runtime Plot

The Fenix has a runtime plot that is crazy flat, but it doesn't last as long. Again, NiMh runs brighter and longer then alkaline, but the Streamlight still gives you 2 more hours worth of light. In the event that you have to use alkaline the Streamlight beats the Fenix with a longer runtime.
Check out Fenix Runtime Plot

Streamlight IMO.:grin2: