ALARM!!!

Mrdi

Enlightened
Need a battery powred alarm clock that is visible in the dark. Quality preferred!
Thanks,

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Mrdi, do you need visiblity as in being able to continuously see the time, or visibility as in being able to locate the clock in the dark, or perhaps both?

If you need to be able to see the time in the dark, then you might consider a Luminox alarm clock. It has Tritium lighted hands and number markers. Tritium lighting glows continuously for many years without any batteries or other external power source. No buttons to push, just a nice cool looking steady green glow. Of course you would also be able to locate the clock in the dark since it glows continuosly.

If you need the visibility in order to locate the clock in the dark but don't need to be able to continuosuly see the time, then you might consider one of the models from Oregon Scientific. They have a few models in their product line that have a flashing LED that enables you to locate the clock in the dark. Works just like the "Night Beacon" locator in the Eternalight.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know if you can still find it, but my favorite is the Casio digital DQ-853 that I bought at REI.

It's dial-with seconds and alarm time is illuminated for 8 hours continuously preceding the alarm set time by a really bright amber LED. it's powered by two "C" cells and is called the "All-Nite" alarm.. -positively the best night clock I've ever used. LOUD beep alarm!!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Cool--I slept in again this morning...I'm looking too
grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
My daughter has a SpongeBob Squarepants alarm clock. When it goes off, it plays the F-U-N song...

F is for friends who do things together

U is for U and Me

N is for anytime, anywhere, anything down in the deep blue sea.

grin.gif

Mrdi

Enlightened
Heard the Luminox clock is a "pile". This is the word from a Luminox dealer from whom I just purchased an Ultimate Field Watch.
Any comments appreciated

Mrdi

Enlightened
I think they look great and asked to order one and was told they break easily and we won't carry them. This from a Lumi dealer.
Anyone out there with real knowledge. I'd like to have one .

Mrdi

Enlightened
Funny!! I stumbled on that site a nd bought one of their clocks.
Thanks

Darell

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Sasha:

F is for friends who do things together

U is for U and Me

N is for anytime, anywhere, anything down in the deep blue sea.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I thought I already knew what F-U stood for. But the "N" was news to me.

Neat clocks BTW. I'm still looking for that perfect 110V atomic alarm clock. I've found some nice onces... but not the *perfect* one.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ya know I let it pass the first time but seeing this pop up a second time was an oppertunity I couldn't resist. From the top 50...

Originally posted by Sasha:F is for friends who do things togetherU is for U and MeN is for anytime

MeN is for anytime? That's new to me...