Sharing my Grief...

Hobydog

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to share my misery a bit. My normal EDC is... or was... (picture grown man sobbing..) an Arc AA. I carried it on my belt, in a sheath (you know the one... the cloth Leatherman sheath with the tube on the side to hold a standard AA Mag; I'd modified it by closing the bottom so's my Arc wouldn't fall through) with my Leatherman and a 3-bladed Stockman-style pocketknife.

I work in a warehouse, and I used it nearly every day; checking data on nameplates, looking into dim corners, and basically chasing away the dark.

My Arc AA is GONE!!! I've looked EVERYWHERE!! I've turned my house, my workplace, my pickup, my garage, and everyplace else that I could have been upside-down, but to no avail.

It didn't fall out of the sheath, as I'd modified the sheath to be a VERY snug fit. I must have used it, laid it down, then walked off. (picture grown man sobbing and cussing at same time).

NOW what am I gonna do? The dark is going to eat me alive, consume me, and make me bump my toes!! I'm going to walk into things I could not see!! Life will never be the same!

LG&M

Enlightened
I feel for you man.:awman: How did you look in all those places without a light?

Hobydog

Newly Enlightened
LG&M said:
I feel for you man.:awman: How did you look in all those places without a light?

I had to break down and use my "spare" edc - an old CMG Infinity.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear it, hope you find it soon. Is one good reason to have a backup to the EDC (mine is a white photon II in watch pocket) and a backup to the backup (red photon II on keychain). And maybe a spare light in the vehicle (X0 and X5 in each vehicle).

scooter

Newly Enlightened
I too have laid things down and walked away forgetting them. The best thing to do is to sit down, relax, and try to mentally retrace your steps on the day you lost your light. If there aren't too many people around the areas you work, chances are the light is still laying where you put it down. Good luck.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
A real bummer. That and maybe one other light are the ones I'd most hate to lose. I'll light up mine to send you some inspiration to remember where you put it.

Geoff

Chris201W

Enlightened
Man, that really stinks. If the quality of my Arc-AAA is any clue about the quality of Arc-AA's, I'd say that it was a really nice light. It's too bad they don't make them anymore. Keep looking, but you may also want to look on BST. They pop up every once in a while.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you should carry it on a lanyard around your neck. You are able to use the light without even taking off the lanyard (at least most of the time).....thus reducing the times you have to lay it down somewhere. Most lanyards have a quick detach clip also. Hope you find it.......if not, you will probably end up getting another one!!

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gutted for ya!
frown.gif

Arcs AA's are things of beauty. If you get another one please keep it on a neck lanyard and avoid painfull loses!

CFU

SuperNinja

Enlightened
I did that with a Mont Blanc pen once. :rant:

Ever since then, I decided I would no longer EDC something expensive enough that I would cry over if it was lost.

mauiblue

Newly Enlightened
I get into the habit of putting my EDC items (keys, knives, flashlights, etc.) back where I usually store them (pocket, belt sheath, belt loop) and I get into the habit of checking every so often if that EDC item is still where it suppose to be. I try my very best not to put them down anywhere except back on my person, period. I try to be very anal about this because I know how it feels to lose something and I don't want to lose my $400 Sebenza or my $200 SureFire tactical flashlight. Much of my EDC stuff is quite expensive but that won't stop me from carrying them and enjoy using them everyday just because I might lose them. However, if I ever did lose any of these items, I would just move one and eventually replace them - maybe with a better model:).

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I know how you feel...

I can't find my Surefire E1L (E1e with KL1 actually) anywhere. I've turned my appartment upside down, but no luck... I'm afraid it's gone... last time I used it was a few weeks ago when I was in disneyland resort paris :(

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely hate loosing flashlights. Nothing worse.
You could look at this as an opportunity to upgrade to a more substantial light...maybe?
Anyway just a thought. I have an older arc AAA on my key chain. It works great. But I have never been satisfied with the color of the beam. My newer arc AAA's are even worse. There are better choices out there.
Choose carefully.
Yaesumofo

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I am sorry to hear that you lost your light and I hope you can somehow find it, or a suitable replacement, as soon as possible.

JLJ

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for you, but the glass is half full.

Now you can get a new light and have all the fun of shopping for it and experiencing its newness.

Also, someone may find the lost one and become a flashaholic when they see how useful your well used and loved tool can be.

Keep looking up!

JLJ

Skibane

Enlightened
light_emitting_dude said:
Maybe you should carry it on a lanyard around your neck.

Some office supply stores sell a ball-point pen that comes with a pre-attached, coiled plastic retainer cord - sort of like a coiled telephone cord, only much thinner. It's designed for use at bank counters, post offices and other public areas where customers might otherwise walk off with the pen.

After discarding the pen, this cord can be used to 'tether' your flashlight to its holster. The cord is long enough to allow the flashlight to be separated from the holster by up to 4 feet or so, yet is only about 6 inches in total length when retracted.

(BTW, this would also make a nice flashlight accessory for some enterprising CPFer to sell - Include attachment rings at both ends of the cord, and you've got a complete solution!).

Last edited: