Why did Fenix discontinue the L2P?

JimmyB

Enlightened
Typically products are discontinued because they aren't selling in sufficient numbers or an improved version is available. While there may be a number of CPFer's who like the L2P, it's probably not enough to continue manufacturing. Just a guess on my part.

Chris201W

Enlightened
In addition, they now produce the L2T, which is essentially the same light with different body styling, and 2 stages.

Oicu812

Newly Enlightened
I have found in life, if you ever have to ask the question "Why do they, or why don't they X", the answer is almost always Money.

O

adnj

Enlightened
Chris201W said:
In addition, they now produce the L2T, which is essentially the same light with different body styling, and 2 stages.
I agree. The L2T does everything that the L2P was capable of and offers a hi/low setting that can be left in either position.

Flic

Enlightened
flame2000 said:
But I still prefer the L2P runtime on alkaline. L2T is nowhere near it. :)

I agree. The L2P remains my favourite 2AA light. I love the look, feel and regulated runtime on regular batteries.

Why have they stopped making it? In today's world, "New and Improved" (be it true or not) is the order of the day. And it's even worse in the world of electronics. I keep saying that if you ever find a product you really like, you had better buy a lifetime supply right away because they'll stop making it before you know it.

Yes, I took my own advice and bought a few, and some spare parts, to keep me happy for a long time.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is the L2S which is 2 stage. The L1S/L2T head cannot be used with a single li-ion unlike the L1T/L2T heads can. So maybe the L1S/L2T has the same circuit as the L2P had?

carrot

Flashaholic
Huh? The L1T and L2T have the same head. Both can utilize a single li-ion cell (not two!). The L1S and L2S have different heads, on the other hand.

The L2S has better runtime than the L2T, though.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over Thanksgiving, I picked the gifts we gave to my two cousins: a L0P-SE and an L2S. I went with the L2S because of its good regulation on alks, unlike the L2T. I have an L2T for myself because I don't mind using NiMHs, especially with a quick charger.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flashlights come and go. When I first signed up on CPF the hot light was the Q3. Now you hardly ever see it mentioned anymore.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good Question...

by far, it is one my most favorite light.

it is sad to see L2P go....

an L2P CE would be great, with 4 times output and 2 times runtime :)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2S =L2P circuit wise? That's what I was getting at. Should be the same but with 2 stage..

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2P IMO is better looking then the new L2S.

the l2p has a nicer body design, unlike the l2s which makes it looks very cheesy!!
and a lot other things

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
I love my l2p. Then again, it was my first fenix so that emotional attachment is there.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the L2P was of the perfect balance of runtime,ergonomics that could run on any AA cell. I'd taken my L2P on a road trip(AR) during the holiday, it handled a 3ft drop to concrete and freezing temps. But since I've haven't got a AA/T-Bin the L2T looks good.

chiphead